B407 latest installer [190723]

doodlebug
B407 latest installer [190723]

Post by doodlebug » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:32 pm

vA1.190723

Uninstall required (back up any liveries first)

Changelog
Revised Gauges for V3 & V4 Support

Anxarces
Re: B407 latest installer [180309]

Post by Anxarces » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:43 pm

Thanks for the update. Motor start up and shutdown procedures now work perfect for me. The issues with the fuel pump switch, fuel booster switches and rotor break have been solved for me. A first short test flight went well.

However, there seems to be a minor bug with the MVAMS. When I select the Flight1 GTN 650/750, click save, the next time I select that repaint, the GTN 750 is displayed as select. However in P3D the GTN 650 and GTN 750 are there. So I guess, the the proper value is stored and only when displaying the selection in MVAMS something goes wrong. In the previous installer the selection of the GPS did not have this bug.

Regards,
Uli

DaviiB

Post by DaviiB » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:03 am

Getting a (false?) positive for Trojan:Win32/Fuery.A!cl on the installer?

Windows won't let me unzip the file. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
DB

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:06 am

You MUST temporarily disable your antivirus before download and keep it off until installation is finished. After that, you can re-enable your AV but you MUST create an exclusion for the sim folder.

We guarantee that our product is 100% virus free, so no need to worry.

Also, please don't forget to run the installer as admin.

robains

Post by robains » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:53 am

Unfortunately I can't get the 407 to start in P3DV4.2 ... went thru the startup procedures many times. The only way I could fire it up isif I move aircraft to 5000ft via MAP option. No weather at all, 0 winds.

As soon as I touch down, I can no longer takeoff.

Has me baffled, any hints?

Cheers, Rob

ahunterg95

Post by ahunterg95 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:38 am

I have to say I am also still having issues with startup from C&D... Been trying since the first announcement of P3D V4 compatibility. I used to be able to start it up perfectly in FSX all that time ago.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:59 am

Will need Dutch to check this.

robains

Post by robains » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:49 pm

Thanks Jonathan appreciate the response/effort.

Cheers, Rob.

Chuck Jodry

Post by Chuck Jodry » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:25 pm

Having started it a number of times in v4.2 , C&D or RTF , I noted that holding up the starter switch for some five seconds and once the turbine has spooled up lift the collective lever the least little amount and she will start .

Best CJ

Dutch

Post by Dutch » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:59 pm

On the startup problems...

Where exactly is it falling off the rails?

Please carefully follow this diagnostic procedure and tell me where your results differ from what I'm saying happens for me:

1. On the overhead, turn on (down) the battery switch.

a. Bunch of lights come on the warning panel.
b. The low RPM alarm sounds.
c. The NR/NP gauge in the center - needles move up to max.
d. Alarm quits.
e. NR/NP needles fall to zero.
f. Alarm sounds again. This time just a beeeeep.
g. Alarm quits. Some lights go out on warning panel.
h. After a second or two the beep sounds for a third time then stops.

2. Turn on (down) hydraulic switch on lower left of overhead.

a. Yellow hydraulic warning light goes out.

3. Turn on (down) the generator switch to the left of the battery switch.

a. Yellow generator light warning light goes out.

4. Turn on (down) the two boost pumps on the left end of the upper row of switches.

a. Four yellow fuel pressure warning lights go out on warning panel.

5. Turn on (lift cover then switch UP) the fuel pump on the lower right of the main panel.

a. Yellow fuel pump warning light goes out.
b. At this point ALL yellow warning lights on panel should be out. Three orange ones are still on.

6. Rotate the throttle ALL THE WAY to the right, until the white tick mark is over "95" and the MAX is at the top.

Now we will be monitoring the MGT gauge, and the NR/NP RPM/N1 gauge in the center as we watch the start proceed.

7. Press and HOLD the start switch. Keep holding it forward.

a. The engine startup sound should be clearly heard.
b. After about three seconds the MGT gauge should show an initial reading.
c. Blades should be turning slowly now. NR/NP gauge still reads zero.
d. After about 10 seconds more of HOLDING the start switch the MGT gauge should show two jumps upward.
e. After about two seconds more then MGT should jump a third time, slightly, and the NR/NP gauge should rise then stop briefly.
(You can now release the start switch)
f. Now as the rotors spool up the NR/NP gauge should steadily rise into the green area.

Once the rotors are in the green all caution lights should be extinguished.

Where does it go wrong from this sequence?

Thanks
Dutch
Last edited by Dutch on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ahunterg95

Post by ahunterg95 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:18 am

Thanks Dutch,

I have gone through the steps (much the same as the manual). At step 6 I see my first problem in that I cant see "RS" marked anywhere. I can get the white mark to just over Fly or down at "Idle".

Thanks,

Andrew

Dutch

Post by Dutch » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:17 pm

ahunterg95 wrote:Thanks Dutch,

I have gone through the steps (much the same as the manual). At step 6 I see my first problem in that I cant see "RS" marked anywhere. I can get the white mark to just over Fly or down at "Idle".

Thanks,

Andrew
My bad. Sorry about that. Obviously I need to put my glasses on when I get into the cockpit. What I saw as "RS" is actually "95" on closer inspection.

I think we're talking about the same setting, so you are correct and it should start. If, what doesn't happen that should be?

Dutch

Here is a close-up of how the throttle looks at the full setting I recommended in the procedure:
Attachments
407starter.jpg
407starter.jpg (47.8 KiB) Viewed 1370 times

Chuck Jodry

Post by Chuck Jodry » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:35 pm

The Shutdown sequence should be initiated using the throttle and idle release button on the collective , its easier to restart if that's proving difficult.
In C&D as Dutch laid out will start it , I do find giving the collective a bit of a pull and backing down on the throttle will help start its when cold .

Maybe its too sensitive to process , all I can say is it will start on my machine.

Best CJ

ahunterg95

Post by ahunterg95 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:54 am

No problems at all Dutch! Thanks both for the help.

In that case, it looks like I am doing everything you say. I flew this bird heaps in FSX so know the startup procedure well.

I think the issue was with the install. While trying to start the aircraft I noticed the whole sim was jittery/lagging. I am quite certain that I downloaded and installed with Antivirus turned off (this is when the email came through saying a new installer was available).

However, I thought let's try and uninstall and download again just to be sure (from the same email/sendowl). This is where I notice something odd. The initial install had a handful of liveries including G-BLAK (or something along those lines), this second download only has 5 liveries but the aircraft starts up fine!.. Not sure what's going on there??..

Andrew

robains

Post by robains » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:21 am

Thanks for the responses, I'll try this again tonight, but I'm pretty sure I've gone thru the C&D steps many times making sure I didn't miss something.

Like I suggested before, the C&D and "Read to Fly" states in MVAM have NO impact on the aircraft after I enter P3D from scenario screen (not loading any saved flight).

I suspect it might be some controller or button assignment that the 407 doesn't like ... I've ran into issues like this before where if I mapped an control axis to Mixture (aircraft has no mixture adjustments) it would prevent the aircraft from starting, or if I have brakes mapped to a device button it would cause strange braking behavior. So I'll double check ALL button and axis mappings and make sure to save a 407 controller profile.

Does this aircraft doesn't "REQUIRE" FSUIPC? I currently have it disabled as it was causing some pauses/stutters.

Cheers, Rob.

Return to “MV 407 Support Forum”