Add on's not activated or saved

bobsk8
Add on's not activated or saved

Post by bobsk8 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:15 pm

I have set the Night Sun multiple times on two different 407s. When I load that aircraft, I do not see the night sun unit. On one helicopter when I go back into the config manager, I see FLIR and POD selected, which I did not select. I had hit the save settings each time I redid the config. I am running the 407 config as administrator, as is P3D, and the 530F config works perfectly. I even tried rebooting the PC. Any ideas?

JonathanBleeker
Re: Add on's not activated or saved

Post by JonathanBleeker » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:30 pm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1qp8d49vo73in ... M.zip?dl=0

Unzip that into your sim directory\Milviz\B407 folder. I tested it this side without problems. Hopefully it works.

bobsk8

Post by bobsk8 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:28 pm

JonathanBleeker wrote:https://www.dropbox.com/s/1qp8d49vo73in ... M.zip?dl=0

Unzip that into your sim directory\Milviz\B407 folder. I tested it this side without problems. Hopefully it works.
Still doesn't work, doesn't seem to remember the settings, when I hit save setup. One time I saw the light appear for a second under the copter as it was loading. I keep selecting pilot on , on page one, go back into config, and it is unchecked again. Just seems like the saving part is not working for some reason. When it saves something, is there anwhere I can check a file and see if it actually saved what I selected?

OK, just figured out what is going on. The settings are saved in the config program. When I reload the copter, the settings are reset to what they were before I changed them. It does this each and every time, without fail.
Last edited by bobsk8 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:47 pm

The settings should be saved before you start the simulator.

bobsk8

Post by bobsk8 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:05 pm

JonathanBleeker wrote:The settings should be saved before you start the simulator.
I just checked it for the 6th time. I set the settings I want for pilot and day light in the config. Close down config and open it again, settings are still there. Can do this multiple times. Now I start P3D, and load that particular Copter, and no light or pilot show up. Now I open the config program again, and the settings that I had selected are now back to where they were before I set and saved them, no pilot and no light. Selecting the copter in the sim, reverts the settings in the config back to what they were.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:19 pm

Ok just to double check, you don't have both FSX and P3D versions installed? You have only P3D?

bobsk8

Post by bobsk8 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:06 pm

JonathanBleeker wrote:Ok just to double check, you don't have both FSX and P3D versions installed? You have only P3D?
Only P3D. The config worked at one point because I was able to select cold start, and the F1 650 GPS for the 407's I have. Once I launched a copter this morning with the sim already running so I could see the copter as it loaded. For a second I saw the light for the daylight under the copter appear, and then as it finished loading it disappeared. My question is, when setting these add ons in the config and saving them, is there any place that I can check like a cfg file, to see if the entry for the particular add on I selected, are actually entered someplace, so I can check it. Another question, do you think a uninstall and reinstall of the 407, might help. By the way, I also have the 530F and the add on config works perfectly with that copter.

PS, I just read the manual for the 407 regarding the instructions for the ACM, and it says to click each and every option off or on once before setting up. I did a reinstall awhile back trying to troubleshoot a problem with forced trim, and I may have not done this when I reinstalled it. I will do this when I get home and see if that produces any results.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:48 pm

Looks like you have an old gauge file. Try this one. Unzip into your P3D directory\Gauges folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/csuemrmdah28a ... F.zip?dl=0

bobsk8

Post by bobsk8 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:19 pm

JonathanBleeker wrote:Looks like you have an old gauge file. Try this one. Unzip into your P3D directory\Gauges folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/csuemrmdah28a ... F.zip?dl=0
The gauge DLL file fixed the problem. :) One more question, I can't tell if the nightsun light is lighting, Seems like the light I am getting is bright, but I don't see the front of that light lit up. I am using CTRL L to turn on landing lights.
Thanks,

Bob

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:45 am

screenshots?

bobsk8

Post by bobsk8 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:18 am

JonathanBleeker wrote:screenshots?
OK, I see it now. The switch on the Collector for landing lights has to be on "both".

bobsk8

Post by bobsk8 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:21 pm

Still having one problem with the config saving setups. When I set a pilot figure, and then load that particular copter, after loading, the pilot figure green button is off in the config manager. Selecting the copter resets it to off. Now the strange thing is that the pilot figure shows up in the cockpit, even though the green button in the config manager is off.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:24 am

Will check further.

Return to “MV 407 Support Forum”