MV 407 SP5 (yes, FIVE) P3D V2 and FSX Released

petedob
Re: MV 407 SP5 (yes, FIVE) P3D V2 and FSX Released

Post by petedob » Fri May 23, 2014 3:13 am

Krazycolin wrote:The RPM warning has nothing to do with the weather.

It works the way it works... (really)

For the landing light... it will have to wait till later.

Sorry.
To clarify, is the FADEC alarm/sound the same as the RPM warning in the 407? I viewed four cockpit start-up through lift offs of real 407s on YouTube, none of them produced any alarm when pilots pull up on the collective when lifting...

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Sat May 24, 2014 4:14 am

I have put the following bugs into our bug tracker for fixing in the next SP (a month, at least... sorry)

1) landing light not working properly
2) RPM warning on takeoff
3) extremely loud warning sounds. (they are WAY too loud)...

FleetingThought

Post by FleetingThought » Sat May 24, 2014 4:24 pm

Thanks for the work; will be using this version without expectation of any further update. If you get to one, great, otherwise, best of luck with the other projects.

Steve

oldsimmer

Post by oldsimmer » Sat May 24, 2014 11:02 pm

Just installed the 5.1 update. HOORAYYY!

This is the monitor configuration I use with this helicopter.
Shows my custom 2D panel that spreads across 2 20" monitors on a Dual head to go.
The blown out monitor displays Plan-G running on a networked laptop. Indecent exposure.

This bird really doesn't like real weather, does she?

With real weather on, loaded MV 407 and changed location - Out of memory error
However, load the 407, set to fair weather, change locations, THEN change to real world weather (REX4)
and no memory errors at all. 'edit' coming in for a landing, started hearing the system warning for OOM

The hop to the right can be controlled by feeding in an RCH of collective and using your toes, but I guess that's flying ,isn't it.

I LIKE the tough .air file. Torque could be even more pronounced, in my opinion.
I must confess I am a long time DODO pilot and remain so, but this one is getting better and better with each revision.

This is probably like having a zillion beta testers.

Thanks so much for all the updates. Please keep them coming. :D
You guys ROCK!

nico

Post by nico » Tue May 27, 2014 8:10 pm

Another issue that i found on the new SP is the attitude during flight when i push my collective full down. The helicopter will fall forward on to the nose and i'm no longer able to pull the cyclic back for a normal (steep:)) descend. BTW... If i perform a autorotation my RRPM will fall immediately to zero :roll:

Ken

Post by Ken » Wed May 28, 2014 2:56 pm

There's a 407 HTR config file available at Hovercontrol. I installed it last night. Fired up Active Sky Next with it. Everything is working just absolutely great :D :D :D

Ken

Post by Ken » Wed May 28, 2014 2:56 pm

There's a 407 HTR config file available at Hovercontrol. I installed it last night. Fired up Active Sky Next with it. Everything is working just absolutely great :D :D :D

deepdiver8055

Post by deepdiver8055 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:45 pm

Can someone tell me how to turn down the tail rotor sensitivity in the config file? I mean it's not the fact that I can turn it down through the control settings I know that but that procedure don't work for the problem I'm having.
No matter what the sensitivities are on the joystick when the heli starts to make a pedal turn its smooth until I get to a certain point on the stick and then the heli just whips around super fast and gos out of control. It's basically uncontrollable.

So what is the value setting in the config to slow this down? Or is there no way around it?.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:58 pm

Hi,

I assume you're talking about the HTR-profile right?
deepdiver8055 wrote: No matter what the sensitivities are on the joystick when the heli starts to make a pedal turn its smooth until I get to a certain point on the stick and then the heli just whips around super fast and gos out of control. It's basically uncontrollable.
Do you have this behavior either at right pedal turns or left pedal turns?
I assume it occurs mainly in right pedal turns, right?

If so, this is a normal behavior for a Helo with left turning Rotors.
The Pilot of a Helo with left turning Rotors can easily lose control while turning to the right because this turn can quickly accelerate.
That's no surprise because there is no need of Power to turn to the right, as the Helo will already spin to that side.
So one has to be very careful with right Pedal turns.

And the HTR-Profiles takes care of that behavior and is simulating it not bad :).

Hope that helps.

If you have the problem in both, right and left Turns, I can't help, sorry.

Best greetings
Marcus

fwschmitt313

Post by fwschmitt313 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:57 am

Sorry but what is MV 407 SP5? And also wanted to find out about the Bell 407 and MD530. I had a new hard drive put in my computer because it got hit by a surge and had to reinstall FSX and my milviz helicopters. The 407 and 530 have not worked right since then. The MVAMS wont let me choose what I want. It wont let me select cold and dark there are no doors pilot and none of the other, addon stuff. And other issues like switches are backwards. For instance the avionics switches and battery when in the off positions are actually on. This happens on both aircraft. I have tried unistalling and reinstalling even with firewall and windows defender off. I have no other anti virus. I had bought both of these aircraft from FSpilot shop last year. I don't know what else to do. Is FSX not putting things where they need to be? any help would be much appreciated. I love both aircraft. Especially the 407. Thank You for these aircraft. Ya'll did an excellent job. Thank you in advance for the help.

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:39 am

This is an ancient stale thread and bears no relevance to the current model.

Return to “MV 407 Support Forum”