Changing door keys [Answered]

michaelplanteajah
Changing door keys [Answered]

Post by michaelplanteajah » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:36 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know if it would be possible to change which door keys activate which doors?

The reason I ask is that I use GSX for ground handling animations, but I don't like that that key to open the starboard cargo doors (shift + e + 4) also opens the starboard service doors...which leads to an awkward situation during boarding where the service doors are open. Ideally I would want to configure it the following way:

1: main exit
2: main cargo door + starboard cargo doors
3: aft passenger exit + stairs
4: service doors

That way, only #4 are open during catering, #2 during cargo loading, and #1 and/or #3 during pax loading (depending on combi/passenger layout, for which I've made GSX profiles).

Thanks!
Mike

Slayer
Re: Changing door keys

Post by Slayer » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:47 pm

Hi Mike. This is the General support forum. I'm not sure which product you are posting about?

Edit: Moved to 737 support section as you are a registered user for this product.

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:52 pm

The sim only supports four doors. This aircraft has five doors, which is why the two cargo doors are controlled by Shift-E, 2

michaelplanteajah

Post by michaelplanteajah » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:08 am

Sorry for the wrong posting place -- I've been jumping from forum to forum over the last few days, I thought I was still in the 737 area.

Hi Bill,

For me, Shift-E,2 opens only the large cargo door on the port side, while to open the two smaller cargo doors on the starboard side I have to use Shift-E,4, but this also opens the service doors above them on the same side. The situation you suggest, where Shift-E,2 would open all cargo doors, is actually what I was hoping to make happen (if possible to do myself, since it's not game-breaking or anything). Or have I misunderstood what you're saying?

To reiterate, the current key binds and how I envisaged changing them:
Shift-E,1: main exit
Shift-E,2: main cargo door ==change to==> ALL cargo doors
Shift-E,3: aft passenger exit + both sets of stairs
Shift-E,4: service doors + smaller cargo doors ==change to==> JUST service doors

Is that possible for me to change somehow?

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:41 pm

Oh, I misunderstood you in my prior reply. However, the same facts remain, two of the possible exits (doors) must be controlled by the same key-command. Since these control assignments are 'baked' into the compiled model, it is not really possible to be changed without having to edit the source files and recompile the model (.mdl) files. ;)

michaelplanteajah

Post by michaelplanteajah » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:54 pm

Hi Bill,

Ok, thanks for the confirmation!

Cheers.

Return to “Boeing 737-200 Support Forum”