Nose Gear and CRS/HDG selector issues.

Hexagon_175
Nose Gear and CRS/HDG selector issues.

Post by Hexagon_175 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:29 am

Hi guys, I have been enjoying the plane quite a bit, getting to fly the plane using the SP-77 has been quite a great and engaging experience, but there are some issues I have noticed that have been recurring in past years, but I'm not sure if a solution has ever been found.

Should start off by saying I use it on FSX:SE and seem to be using the most up to date version (I got mine off of Aerosoft too.)

First off, I have also been having issues with the Nose Wheel showing as not extended when landing. I found that after landing, if I press "Y" to go into Slew control, it sorta gets the nosewheel to green and I can steer again. Trying that to get it working in air doesn't not seem to work from what I can find. Not sure where to find anything to show that the Hydraulic line to it failed, as the other gears do extend and the aircraft does keep flying as normal. Quite annoying as it won't allow me to deploy reverse thrust. It does appear that the gear extension is well within the limits in terms of speed too.

Then I have been having issues with the CRS and heading knobs on the HSI. I find that regardless if I use the mousewheel or the buttons, they only move in 10 degree intervals (though the HDG knob will align to my current heading if I middle click.) Sometimes I can get the CRS knob to react to intervals numbers ending in 5, and once got it to to my heading, but have not found a way to reliably have it working.I found that it sorta does work when I'm aligned exactly to it, and at its heading. Not sure if it is related, but I also heard folks had some issues having the Fight Director popping out and working, seem to have having that as well.

While ADF isn't used as often, there are cases where it is useful, and I have tried many ways to get the ADF to tune properly, but can only get it to move in intervals of 100 kHz, with again, some instances where it tuned enough to let me move like 12 kHz. Does anyone know what the trick is to taming that part of the beast? It feels like the radius of where to have the pointer to make it act right is like a cubic pixel.

I also had the door issue, but worked around it by going on Simviation and downloading a handy door gauge. Now they work fine!

It is a shame, as this is an otherwise excellent plane! Hopefully some folks have some good solutions on how to get this to work right.

Slayer
Re: Nose Gear and CRS/HDG selector issues.

Post by Slayer » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:36 am

It sounds like a setting for your scroll wheel in the mouse may be affecting the turn rate on the knobs, have you tried lowering from windows default 3 lines per click to 1? or it could be a setting in a 3rd party mouse driver. Just a guess as I've seen this before.

Hexagon_175
Re: Nose Gear and CRS/HDG selector issues.

Post by Hexagon_175 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:40 am

Slayer wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:36 am
It sounds like a setting for your scroll wheel in the mouse may be affecting the turn rate on the knobs, have you tried lowering from windows default 3 lines per click to 1? or it could be a setting in a 3rd party mouse driver. Just a guess as I've seen this before.
I gave it a go. Regardless, still only getting it in intervals of 10. Thanks, though. :(

Return to “Boeing 737-200 Support Forum”