Fuel cutoff switch button assignment

barbajohn
Fuel cutoff switch button assignment

Post by barbajohn » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:08 pm

Hi all!

So, here's my problem. Last night I tried to assign a button to toggle the fuel cutoff valve switch to a button on my custom Leobodnar controller, but I couldn't, for the life of me, achieve it. Thinking that it might have something to do with the controller, I tried to assign the toggle to a keyboard key and the same thing happened. So, whenever I pressed the button, the switch would jump as if it was going to change place, and then it would resettle in its original position. If I kept pressing the button, the switch would erratically jump until it reached the final position, and then it would resettle in its original position again after I released the button. Moreover, I did not hear the characteristic 'click' that the switch does when I press it with the mouse. It is as if the aircraft knows the position of the switch 'internally' and doesn't let you change its position unless you do it with the mouse.

I guess it would be very easy for you to reproduce and see what I am talking about.

Do you have any solution for this? I am building a simple custom TQ for the 737-200 and it would be a shame if I couldn't use the switches that I have already cut out and assembled.

Thanks a lot

John.

N4GIX
Re: Fuel cutoff switch button assignment

Post by N4GIX » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:26 pm

All I can do is to provide the information that you will need to control both the "physical switch" and the sim's control commands. The following is for the left engine. Right engine is identical but changes Eng1 to Eng2:

Code: Select all

<CallbackCode>
        (L:B737_Eng1FuelCutoff,bool) ! (>L:B737_Eng1FuelCutoff,bool)
        (L:B737_Eng1FuelCutoff,bool) ! if{ 1 (>K:TOGGLE_FUEL_VALVE_ENG1) }
        (L:B737_Eng1FuelCutoff,bool) if{ 0 (>K:TOGGLE_FUEL_VALVE_ENG1) }
        1 (>L:XMLSND1,bool)
      </CallbackCode>
The first line toggles the custom (L:B737_Eng1FuelCutoff,bool) switch on/off
The second line will send the value of "1" to the sim event (>K:TOGGLE_FUEL_VALVE_ENG1)
The third line sill send the value of "0" to the same sim event as line 2
The forth line is what produces the "click" sound and works only through the mouse callback.

barbajohn

Post by barbajohn » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:38 pm

Hi again! thank you for taking time from your busy schedule and for the swift reply!

Now, the problem is that I am not a computer savant, just a dentist...

What do I do with the information you gave me? Do I copy and paste them somewhere? Do I need to open the .air file that comes with the aircraft?

Sorry for my ignorance, please don't slap your forehead... but if someone could guide me through the steps, that would be awesome!

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:10 am

I honestly don't have a clue myself. I would suggest checking out Spad.next as this appears to be what most custom panel builders are using...

...so you are dentist. I am a retired priest! :lol:

https://www.spadnext.com/home.html

barbajohn

Post by barbajohn » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:00 pm

Hi!

Thanks for the reply again!

Will dive into the spad thingy to see if I can do anything with it!

Well, I do a lot of praying when I finish a Root Canal Treatment, so, I guess we have praying as something in common! lolz!

Thanks again for your help,

John

barbajohn

Post by barbajohn » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:27 pm

Hey all again!

So, got to fiddle a little with the spad thingy and got it to work like a charm!

Thanks for the guidance!

John

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:39 pm

I'm glad to read that you got it working via Spad-next! :D

Return to “Boeing 737-200 Support Forum”