Installation Problem

charliebravo
Installation Problem

Post by charliebravo » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:05 pm

Unfortunately I do have a problem. I turned off my antivirus software and attempted to install the product into FSX Accelerator with administration rights on my windows 7 based computer.

After the extraction process which was shown as complete, I pressed close in the window, next I received a long list of errors which I assume is related to a module needed for the installation process, when I press close within this box, I now have a desktop item shortcut called Milviz MVAMS. When I click on this I see the same list of errors relating to a module, when I close this window a new window which is called Milviz add-on manager system with the prompt to select the add-on from the quick access menu, nothing can be selected and when I close this add-on manager I am told that add-on manager has stopped working and I close the program.

Also , I do have UIAutomationCore.dll file on my system, however many FSX users were historically experiencing a Crash, the advice was to take this UIAutomationCore.dll file out of the windows/system32 folder and place it in the same folder as your FSX.exe file. This seemed to work and the file is in this location. I have attached the details of my UIAutomationCore.dll file. I am not sure but can I ask, is his .dll file specific to the Windows operation system? I have this .dll file on another computer running windows 10 and it is a much newer file, but would it wotk in Windows 7?

I have attached screenshots as to what I see during these 3 steps explained above as well as details of my UiAutomationCore.dll file.

Can this error be resolved so that I can begin using this software within FSX?
Attachments
UIAutomationCore.dll.jpg
Location and details of my UiAutomationCore.dll file
UIAutomationCore.dll.jpg (278.01 KiB) Viewed 1274 times
(3) Addon Manager Screen.jpg
installation process (3)
(3) Addon Manager Screen.jpg (159.27 KiB) Viewed 1274 times
(2) Milviz Install Error.jpg
installation process (2)
(2) Milviz Install Error.jpg (313.43 KiB) Viewed 1274 times
(1) Milviz After Extraction.jpg
What I see during the installation process (1)
(1) Milviz After Extraction.jpg (321 KiB) Viewed 1274 times

JonathanBleeker
Re: Installation Problem

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:05 pm

It looks like your windows 7 needs to be updated.

charliebravo

Post by charliebravo » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:02 pm

Thank you for your post, however as most people are aware Windows 7 has seized receiving further updated from Microsoft.

Giving this reality, it seems that this software is never going to work for me with my setup, and under these circumstances I feel that it would be more than reasonable for me to request a refund via my point of purchase, www.simmarket.

Regards

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:21 pm

Do you have the latest available Win7 update?

charliebravo

Post by charliebravo » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:03 pm

In reply to the post above the answer is, I sure do, and my Windows 7 operating system is working well. All other FSX add-ons that I have installed are also working well without problems and I have been asked by Simmarket to ask yourselves to send them direct instructions to give myself a store credit.

Regards

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:19 pm

Edit: I just realized your mistake. You mustn’t remove it from your System32 folder, but rather you needed to place a separate copy of the old vista version in your FSX directory. Please never delete/move anything from your core windows folders.

charliebravo

Post by charliebravo » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:11 am

If that is the case, could you please send me a link to get the vista version of this .dll and I will give it a try.

Many thanks

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:51 am

I unfortunately don’t have it, but I believe the latest updates to Win7 removed the need for it.

charliebravo

Post by charliebravo » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:41 pm

After trying the above suggestion (that of taking the UiAutomationCore.dll away and placing it back in the Windows System32 folder) and after restarting my computer I tried to install the Milviz737-200C and unfortynalty, I am getting the same error message and same problems afterwards.

Next I tried to locate a newer version of the UiAitomationCore.dll for Windows 7 Operating Systems online and I managed to download one which I added to my Windows/Sysyem32 Folder replacing the older version, after another computer restart, I attempted another re-install of the Milviz 737-200C, and the same error message as pictured in a previous post came up again.

This means we are sadly no further forward. I have attached a picture, showing the details and version of the UiAutomationCore.dll file that I downloaded and added.

I really would rather get this aircraft working in FSX but as each suggestion is tried and fails to solve the issue I am loosing hope that it will ever be resolved.

One thing I could suggest, if there is someone who uses this forum who uses W7 and FSX Accelerator, could they provide a copy of the UiAutomationCore.dll that they have and I will try to add this version to my windows/system32 folder and give it another try.

Thank You
Attachments
Replacment UiAutomationCore.dll file details .jpg
Replacment UiAutomationCore.dll file details .jpg (258.23 KiB) Viewed 1226 times

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:31 pm

One last suggestion, try right clicking on your MVAMS shortcut, and open file location. Then place a copy of the UIAutomationCore.dll in that folder.

charliebravo

Post by charliebravo » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:13 pm

I did exactly as you suggested in the previous post, however the same error message is displayed when trying to start the MVAMS aircraft manager.

I tried the suggestion trying both the old UiAutomationCore.dll file then with the newer downloaded file, in both cases the MVAMS Manager failed to load.

This is very disappointing because I thought we getting close to a solution.

Regards

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:17 pm

charliebravo wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:11 am
If that is the case, could you please send me a link to get the vista version of this .dll and I will give it a try.

Many thanks
Try this one. This is from my Win7 machine where I still have FSX/Acceleration installed. This is the UIAutomationCore.dll from Vista:

EDIT: Removed incorrect version of the UIAutomationCore.dll file.

charliebravo

Post by charliebravo » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:51 pm

Thank you for providing this alternative UiAutomationCore.dll file for me to try, however, it looks to be exactly the same in its details as the one I downloaded and tried as mentioned in a previous post, despite this being the case, I did put this replacement UiAutomationCore.dll inside my Milviz MVAMS folder.

Sadly there was no difference when trying to start the aircraft manager, I get exactly the same error message and the aircraft manager does not open, I then get the message stating that it has stopped working and it needs to be closed.

Regards

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:27 pm

Sorry, but I was mistaken about the file I suggested above. The exact version needed is 6.0.5840.16386 (155kb).

BINGO! A search I just made has found the precise version cited above. Be positive that you place this .dll file in the ..\FSX folder!!! When FSX is started, it will load that .dll if it is present in that folder, otherwise it will look in the ..\Systems32 folder (which has the wrong version for FSX).

I don't know if you will need another copy in the ..\MVAMS folder when the installer is run, but it can't hurt to try... ;)
UIAutomationCore.zip
(77.72 KiB) Downloaded 20 times

charliebravo

Post by charliebravo » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:15 pm

I will try your suggestion, but this does not answer the question how to get MVAMS Aircraft manager to run? Which I want to run before any attempts to start FSX.

Put another copy in the ..\MVAMS folder...

Return to “Boeing 737-200 Support Forum”