Pitch trim and OAT gauges [RESOLVED]

teeboy
Pitch trim and OAT gauges [RESOLVED]

Post by teeboy » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:24 pm

First off, this is not a whine about the trim issue - I have only just downloaded the fix so still got to try it. My tiny observations -

The pitch/elevator trim tape seems upside down (the 'D' is backwards?)

The OAT gauge overreads significantly - 47 F reads as about 85 F on mine. The celsius scale, for those of us using Roman Catholic, was showing 42 C at the same conditions.

When I've worked out how to post pictures, I have some screenshots of these.

Love this thing more than your F15E (which must say a lot) and what you guys are doing with the SP is nothing short of fantastic. Good job Colin and the team.

Howard_S
Re: Pitch trim and OAT gauges

Post by Howard_S » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:45 pm

Hello,

While making my first B55 cross-country flight, I discover that the OAT gauge needs to be calibrated or fixed. Both Active Sky Evolution and FSX show the outside air temp as 13 deg. C, but the OAT gauge under the glare shied shows 30 deg C, and the left-side OAT gauge shows 35 deg C temp.

This was mentioned in the above post, but no one replied.

This needs to be fixed so that I can use the aircraft OAT when calculating takeoff, climb, and cruise performance. If I need to always look at my PC monitor that runs ASE, or pause the flight and click on the FSX "Weather" window to get the outside temp, flying cross country like I used to do when I was an active private pilot will not be realistically possible.

I hope this has been, or will be fixed in the upcoming model update.

Tomorrow morning I will be leaving home for a few days, so I will not be able to reply to this thread until I return. I will check this forum later today and tomorrow morning, just before I leave.

Howard_S

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:00 pm

we know about this...

I am pretty sure it's fixed in the upcoming SP.

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:56 pm

They have been fixed. In fact the one under the glareshield has been carefully calibrated for centigrade. The one to the left has been carefully calibrated for fahrenheit. Both Cº and Fº scales are accurate for both gauges.

bpieke

Post by bpieke » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:47 pm

N4GIX wrote:They have been fixed.
The trim strip is still incorrect, as best as I can tell.

Here is what a correct strip would look like..
Attachments
B55 trim strip.jpg
B55 trim strip.jpg (7.11 KiB) Viewed 5012 times

sprowse

Post by sprowse » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:41 am

bpieke wrote:
N4GIX wrote:They have been fixed.
The trim strip is still incorrect, as best as I can tell.

Here is what a correct strip would look like..
Hi all

I've just purchased the B55. The issue with the trim doesn't seem to have been fixed in the version I was supplied. Do I need an update or what? The version I have is MilViz Beech B55 v2.160429.zip.

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:39 pm

sprowse wrote:
bpieke wrote:I've just purchased the B55. The issue with the trim doesn't seem to have been fixed in the version I was supplied. Do I need an update or what? The version I have is MilViz Beech B55 v2.160429.zip.
I'm not in charge of distribution, but the last installer build I created was MilViz Beech B55 v2.160510.zip

sprowse

Post by sprowse » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:42 am

N4GIX wrote:
sprowse wrote:
bpieke wrote:I've just purchased the B55. The issue with the trim doesn't seem to have been fixed in the version I was supplied. Do I need an update or what? The version I have is MilViz Beech B55 v2.160429.zip.
I'm not in charge of distribution, but the last installer build I created was MilViz Beech B55 v2.160510.zip
Thanks for the quick reply: It seems that I do have the latest version according to this thread: http://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=6484 so the problems remains then; the trim tape is not working/indicating as it should. If there is a new installer where can I download it?

Many thanks
Steve

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:22 pm

sprowse wrote:...the trim tape is not working/indicating as it should. If there is a new installer where can I download it?
Steve, drop this fixed bitmap into your ..\B55_Milviz\texture folder overwriting the existing file. Let me know if it works for you. Neutral is marked zero "0". Down trim is marked "D" and up trim is marked "U".

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f4bpjt4tj0zjg ... C.zip?dl=0

sprowse

Post by sprowse » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:37 am

N4GIX wrote:
sprowse wrote:...the trim tape is not working/indicating as it should. If there is a new installer where can I download it?
Steve, drop this fixed bitmap into your ..\B55_Milviz\texture folder overwriting the existing file. Let me know if it works for you. Neutral is marked zero "0". Down trim is marked "D" and up trim is marked "U".

Thanks Bill for the updated BitMap file, just copied it to the B55, and the good news is all seems good! Many thanks for your help

Cheers
Steve

gerryj

Post by gerryj » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:13 am

N4GIX wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:22 pm

Is there any chance I can get the corrected bitmap? The link no longer works.

Thanks.

doodlebug
Re: Pitch trim and OAT gauges [RESOLVED]

Post by doodlebug » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:38 pm

Return to “B-55 Support Forum”