doodlebug
Re: Gear doesn't retract

Post by doodlebug » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:56 pm

i think he means 'verified'

farman

Post by farman » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:25 pm

Hi,
first of all, of course I apologize for my awful English.
1) I didn't check any of the boxes in the "Failure" menu.
2) I never checked or unchecked any of the boxes in this menu.
3) Must I check some of these boxes?

Fulvio

Alvaro

Post by Alvaro » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:29 pm

Are you using the T38A ADV version?

farman

Post by farman » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:55 am

No; I was tempted to buy it, actually, but I chose to get the Phantoms ADV only.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:59 am

farman wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:25 pm
Hi,
first of all, of course I apologize for my awful English.
1) I didn't check any of the boxes in the "Failure" menu.
2) I never checked or unchecked any of the boxes in this menu.
3) Must I check some of these boxes?

Fulvio
I meant, did you check the failures menu after the issue appeared to see if the landing gear failures were enabled?

farman

Post by farman » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:25 am

Hi,
today a suprise, a new behavior. I can't believe what happens, but...
1-At first the landing gear retracted properly.
2-After a short time, it began to open and close without any action. This happened at a test flight at Eglin (default airport, speed never exceeding 220 mph.
3-Going on with the flight - at low altitude and at the above mentioned speed - in the cockpit the gear lever was always up (retracted), but hearing the sound of the gear opening, I changed the view form the outside, and the gear actually opened.
4-Looking at the Failures Menu, no activated failure at any time. All boxes unchecked.
4-Well, at this point I can only think there's some curse upon my pc :shock: . I'm very sorry for all the time you're spending on this issue and I really hope to be the only unfortunate guy with this beautiful T-38. Let's hope for the best with the upcoming "C", that I'll certainly buy.
Fulvio

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:51 am

This sounds like a hardware issue rather than us... if it's now (sort of) working...

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:03 am

Yup. What hardware controls do you have that might be connected to the gear? Also any 3rd party addons that do stuff like saved flights, Accufeel, or others that might have play with the landing gear?

farman

Post by farman » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:49 am

Hi,
my hardware is TM Hotas Warthog, and all my commands are sent to FSUIPC; the gear one is common to all planes ("gear up" and "gear down", by means of a switch on the throttle). No 3rd party at all like the ones you are writing about.
But, and at this point I'm much worried, before answering you I tried to fly your F-100, and to my big suprise, I faced the very same issue - landing gear not working properly -. Let me try other MilViz planes in order to send you an up-to-date feedback.
Fulvio

PS:My recent add-ons were the A2A Spitfire and the Leonardo's Maddog.

farman

Post by farman » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:32 pm

Hi,
problem solved, but don't ask me why it has been fixed.
1-A long time ago I sent to FSUIPC a double command, with a two-way switch on the throttle (TM Hotas Warthog, the best in town, I guess), "gear up" and "gear down".
2-This command worked properly since I flew, days ago, on your T-38, provoking the issue we discussed so far. This T-38 flight was the first after switching from P3D v4.2 to v4.3.
3-Suspecting, as you correctly stated, that there might be some issue in my hardware or/and software (A2A Accu-Sim I haven't), this morning I flew on your F-100 and, surprise surprise, it went out the very same issue on the gear (up/down, half up etc etc.).
4-So I deleted the two commands from FSUIPC, letting the gear operated by the simple "G" keyboard command only. All worked properly.
5-Quoting Shakespeare, "All's well that ends well". I switched back to the T-38, having no doubt that in this case too things were going well; and so it was; gear up & down as it has to be.
Now, I'm wondering that in FSUIPC there may be some issue, or who knows where, since I'm used to the mysteries of Flight Sim and pcs.
Thanks for your support, and sorry for the time you spent; but let's look at the half full glass; my issue may be a feedback and a record for other simmers, eventually.
regards,
Fulvio

Some date for the T-38C?

Return to “Northrop T-38A Support Forum”