NEW MODELS REQUEST

All the new and coolest stuff that we're working on!
Busterbvi
Re: NEW MODELS REQUEST

Post by Busterbvi » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:31 pm

Sorry Colin the chooser .... Mylius indeed !?? :roll: .... OOPS ! Anyway, Just been over to A2A, it does look like the F4D thats work in progress. I must correct myself as well, apparently the UK version was the F4K and F4M, according to this site.

http://aviation.watergeek.eu/f4-phantom.html

A good one for all things Phantom, especially for modelers ;)

The bottom line is, a Phantom package, F4E & F4F with F4K & F4M has got " WINNER" written all over it !
326885-bigthumbnail.jpg
326885-bigthumbnail.jpg (34.18 KiB) Viewed 18187 times
Last edited by Busterbvi on Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

miragecy

Post by miragecy » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:00 pm

I would love an F-4E Phantom. A model flown by many nations. I would also love a Hawk jet trainer. I have the skysim and is nice, but a Hawk made by milviz with a quality vc would be excellent! ;)

Andy

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:09 pm

bstolle wrote:Mylius MY 102 Tornado
That is a cute little aircraft, and right up "Lionheart's" alley. With only two ever built though, I'm not sure just how many FSX'ers would be interested in having a model... ;)

ollifreund

Post by ollifreund » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:19 am

I like the Panavia Tornado, it was my favorite plane when I was younger. And I loved going it down
to 200 ft and 550 kts in the dark, relying on the autopilot. 8-)

Speaking of aircraft to come, I'm looking forward to the MU-2. Very nifty japanese turboprop.

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:16 am

We're not doing a Tornado. That's for sure. We have zero info on the plane, it's systems and it's capabilities.

A F-4E would be cool but I thought I saw that someone was doing one... (ADX? Froogle?)

We already did a Vulcan in conjunction with Iris and I have been considering taking what they did and enhancing it... Sort of like what M2M did. Not a bad idea I would say... In fact, I like it a lot...

For the others... I am still in consideration mode about the KC-135 (type R most likely IF we do it) or the C-130J. I am being told that doing a C-130J would be a mistake... especially due to the fact that we could be looking at a two year process. Would FSX still be viable at that time?

All these are questions that, sadly, we do not yet have answers for...

Do not ask about DCS. We will not be coding for it. The SDK is awful and changes every day without them informing the devs. Service packs are going to be a constant due to that alone. There is also the fact that it's a combat sim alone and just doesn't have the range for doing anything but combat...

For now, our list is quite long...

Don't ask for the list... please.

Busterbvi

Post by Busterbvi » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:15 am

Not an enviable task choosing new models, very tricky trying to please the community and get a commercial success. Every person will come up with an entirely different list of "must have" planes. Maybe the way forward is to look at what's missing in terms of native FSX and P3D models and fill that gap as opposed to competing with other developers models, for example, how many more 737, 757 & 767's do we need ?

For me personally I go for British planes or those that saw service with the RAF or RN with an occasional something different (love the Milviz F15) So I am asking, what's missing payware for FSX / P3D that needs to be modeled to Milviz, Capt Sim, A2A, or E.Dynamics standard with functional weapons etc. Here's my wish list.

Spitfire (Mk9, Mk16, Mk22) Hurricane, Mosquito, Lancaster, Phantom F4K & F4M, Buccaneer S2, EE Lightning, Tornado GR4, Jaguar GR1/3, Hawk, Typhoon, VC10, HP Victor. Seaking (UK & US models)

US planes, B17 Fortress, B25 Mitchel, F14 Tomcat, Phantom F4E. There are others but this will do for starters !

Razbam have nailed the Harrier but not sure if it has functional weapons, is there a need for another ?

What gets me is that most of the planes I list are quite iconic but ignored by the leading developers !?

My feeling is that when Lockheed Martin release P3D in 64 bit, the majority of the community will abandon FSX and migrate to P3D because its development is on going and supported for the foreseeable future. As long as new models are P3D compatible, I dont see a problem ? FSX was an unfinished product, nor will it ever be, not by Microsoft anyway.

Just my tuppence worth here Mr Chooser !

Buster.

Busterbvi

Post by Busterbvi » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:01 pm

" We're not doing a Tornado. That's for sure. We have zero info on the plane, it's systems and it's capabilities ". :cry:

What a shame. I see in your animations portfolio that there is one already done, looks nice to ! I am quite well connected to
the Tornado world, if I can get all the data and info you need, would you consider it ?

And, if you were to consider a Lancaster that includes droppable exploding ordnance, bomb aimers view and a functional bomb sight view, that would be something new and special. How awesome would it be to fly a mission to take out a target from 10,000 ft with a Tallboy or Grand Slam weapon !

Like this .......http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Slam_(bomb)

Just sayin.

ollifreund

Post by ollifreund » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:50 pm

Busterbvi wrote:if I can get all the data and info you need, would you consider it ?
Most of the system stuff is still classified I think, so good luck in getting that.

I think when deciding on what plane to make, the long-lasting pleasure has to
be kept in mind. You can use a Stuka 3 times and make a bombing run, same
with the Lancaster. After that... well...
With a IFR-capable aircraft, you can do 20+ flights and still have fun.

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:48 am

Well, there was some talk of putting RXP into the Stuka...

ColoKent

Post by ColoKent » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:58 am

(This request is for AFTER the MU-2, F-100D, F-15C, and T-33A...of course-- looking forward to each of those babies)

What about the Martin B-57? There have been EE Cranberries done (Ad nauseam cubed, as a matter of fact...)

If you want something modern...how about the Saab Gripen?

K

P.S. An F/A-18C/D wouldnt be too bad, either
Last edited by ColoKent on Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Busterbvi

Post by Busterbvi » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:05 am

I'm not a modeler but I seriously doubt if you need classified info to do a model with a weapons suite for FSX. Lago, Iris, Alpha and that German chap did reasonable Tonkas for FS9 and the UKMIL Tonka F3 will fire weapons in FSX. Its just that none of them are up to Milviz standard and I think it would be a great seller.

I agree with the lasting pleasure aspect so, regarding the Lancaster, the target for today is ................. ??? ................. think of the possibilities !

Oh and the sound of four Merlins, just ............ heavenly music !

Regarding my Phantom suggestion, I just hope that some quality vendor/payware designer will please release a decent F-4 for FSX...dont need 100 different 737s, A340s, or P51s. How about a model of one of the most produced, most sold. most successful military aircraft ever made or flown, flown by more countries then just about every other military aircraft...whats up with that..not a single decent add-on of this aircraft. The A2A attempt stalled a long time ago, jump in there Milviz !

Thanks.

firebird33

Post by firebird33 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:29 pm

What about a CH-46E/F? Haven't seen any for FSX that are very good. We get them out here all the time.

Jetstreamsky

Post by Jetstreamsky » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:57 pm

Jet trainers are fun and don't require a year to code with just enough systems to be involved. Their lower power than front line fighters means you have to manage energy much more and they're generally very aerobatic. Many have operators all around the world so paint options abound too.

Jet Provost, Hawk, Alphajet, T-33, Yak-130, MB 339

miragecy

Post by miragecy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:57 pm

Jetstreamsky wrote:Jet trainers are fun and don't require a year to code with just enough systems to be involved. Their lower power than front line fighters means you have to manage energy much more and they're generally very aerobatic. Many have operators all around the world so paint options abound too.

Jet Provost, Hawk, Alphajet, T-33, Yak-130, MB 339
What he said ;)

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:13 pm

The T-33 (old school) is on the list... The other trainers... not iconic enough... sorry.

Return to “Work In Progress”