How to completely uninstall old version A-1H?

bob-m
How to completely uninstall old version A-1H?

Post by bob-m » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:26 pm

I downloaded the new version, and then used the "uninstall programs" to uninstall the old version. This still left an A-1H folder in the Simobjects\Airplanes folder, so I deleted that. But when I tried to install the new version, I got the error message that an older version was still installed, and the install couldn't continue. So I ran the new installer again, and this time there was an option to remove the old version, so I ran that. I then tried running the new installer again, but I still got the error message half way through that an old version was still installed, and the new install couldn't continue.

So where to now? I tried with both Typical and Complete install options.

There is still an MVAMS2 in the AppData\Local folder, put there by the original install, that the various uninstallings didn't remove. Do I need to manually uninstall the MVAMS2 as well?

Thanks - Bob

Slayer
Re: How to completely uninstall old version A-1H?

Post by Slayer » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:51 pm

It sounds like something was interrupted at some point in the process.

The best way to solve this would be to run the previous version installer ( make sure to right click / run as admin ). Install that, then uninstall using the control panel. Then install the newest version.

Just to be clear we are not talking about the MVAMS2 installer that also runs with the main installer?

bob-m

Post by bob-m » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:03 pm

Thanks for your reply Steve. I was talking about the Windows Control Panel "Remove a Program". But I found I needed to uninstall both the Milviz A-1H Skyraider and the Milviz Addon Management System V2 entries. Once I did that, the new installer ran fine and completed. I can now see that the exact point at where the "old version still installed" error message was previously coming up was where the new installer was trying to install the MVAMS v2.

Anyway, everything is fine now.

Thanks again for your reply.

-Bob

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:43 pm

Ah ok, yes there was an update to MVAMS2, so yes both should be uninstalled / reinstalled. That being said, if you were to cancel the MVAMS2 install part the Skyraider part will still install OK.

Return to “A-1H Skyraider Support Forum”