Missing canopy windshield framing

Slayer
Re: Missing canopy windshield framing

Post by Slayer » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:07 pm

Being dirty and used has pretty much been the artistic style of all Milviz warbirds as long as I can remember. While I prefer cleaner aircraft personally as well, we do offer a paintkit on the product page. I'm sure there is someone who will make a clean exterior paintjob. Have you checked Sim Outhouse or any of the other sites?

ijdjr2

Post by ijdjr2 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:04 pm

I have looked at the paint kit and it looks like the dirt effect is baked into each image (PSD). I am not a painter but
it looks like one would have to replace the dark dirty areas with more of the clean haze gray color. A big task I would think.
I'm not concerned with the non Navy birds, which BTW, some of those look a little cleaner then the Navy paints.
I was the one that made a pitch at SOH for the VA-25 paint and eventually someone produced it but he used your kit with
all the "combat action" effect embedded in so that no matter what the livery, it would come out as a "dirty" bird.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:29 pm

ijdjr2 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:04 pm
I have looked at the paint kit and it looks like the dirt effect is baked into each image (PSD). I am not a painter but
it looks like one would have to replace the dark dirty areas with more of the clean haze gray color. A big task I would think.
I'm not concerned with the non Navy birds, which BTW, some of those look a little cleaner then the Navy paints.
I was the one that made a pitch at SOH for the VA-25 paint and eventually someone produced it but he used your kit with
all the "combat action" effect embedded in so that no matter what the livery, it would come out as a "dirty" bird.
Seems like the dirt layers should be separate in the PSD and could be toggled off. I'll check it out.
A1HPK.JPG
A1HPK.JPG (305.16 KiB) Viewed 830 times
Edit: Yes dirt layers can be turned off using GIMP.

If you would like to discuss the PK further please start a new thread

Raptor

Post by Raptor » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:29 pm

Not meaning to be disrespectful but I have been around a Skyraider in Dallas and actually volunteered to clean up the oil after a flight. The people that tend to that aircraft regularly say the only time stops leaking oil is when is out of it. And I find MV's representation pretty close to what I saw and touched a few years back

Return to “A-1H Skyraider Support Forum”