A-1H Faulty Install P3D V4.5 (P3D no longer runs)[Resolved]

cflord
A-1H Faulty Install P3D V4.5 (P3D no longer runs)[Resolved]

Post by cflord » Thu May 13, 2021 8:16 pm

I purchased (0085158918) the MilViz A-1H Skyraider on 04/27/21.
The installation of this product has destroyed some of the functions of my P3D V4.5

1. The A-1H has taken over the default function from the F-22 when the game loads. When the A-1H is uninstalled, P3D V4.5 will not revert back to the F-22 as the default plane and P3D will no longer load properly. When trying to bring up P3D with the A-1H uninstalled, I now keep getting a box that says "Vehicle initialization has failed for: Milviz Skyraider VA-152 Carrier Attack Squadron". "You will now be placed in visualization-only mode". A Box is displayed with "OK" in it comes up. If I click OK nothing happens and P3D will not load.

With the A-1H uninstalled, how do I get rid of the A-1H as the default airplane and get back to the real default for P3D, the F-22?
I need to stop P3D from looking for the A-1H!

2. With the A-1H installed all my other airplanes now load suspended in the air, no fuel in the tanks, and I get a real loud scratchy sound when the
airplane wheels are rotating (taxi, takeoff, & landing).

I have the latest version of Windows 10 and the latest version of P3D V4.5.

I must say I am not very happy with the A-1H software and what it has done to my P3D V4,5 software. It's almost like the A-1H software had a virus/trojan/or malware hiding in it.

Any help you could give me with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Cliff Lord
Attachments
IMG_3181.JPG
IMG_3181.JPG (1.04 MiB) Viewed 1359 times

doodlebug
Re: A-1H Faulty Install P3D V4.5 (P3D no longer runs)

Post by doodlebug » Thu May 13, 2021 8:44 pm

Our team will troubleshoot with you, but in the meantime I would like to confirm that there is no malware in our products.

Surprised that the Skyraider took over your default aircraft - it is not designed to do this without user intervention.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Thu May 13, 2021 9:48 pm

The installer does not set the A-1H as the default aircraft I can assure you of that. Something may be corrupted in your P3D. I would advise you to reinstall the content and client portions of P3D, this may fix your issue.

cflord

Post by cflord » Fri May 14, 2021 1:45 am

I have deleted and reinstalled the Client, Content, and the Scenery files and the A-1H still dominates the default airplane position, even though I have uninstalled the A-1H. P3D V4.5 will not start up. I have also contacted P3D and as of now I have no answer back.

YoYo

Post by YoYo » Fri May 14, 2021 7:17 am

Im pretty sure that it isnt a problem of the the model but of your installation of the whole simulatator (this cannot happen). I installed, uninstalled dozens of times A-1H during tests and everything was fine. This is some symptom of a mess in your P3D installation itself (sorry). You must definitely install the entire P3D correctly with all you have after old installations removed thoroughly (folders):

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5122 ... r3d-v3-v4/
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/4949 ... r3d-v3-v4/

preferably not install P3Dv4 on C drive as well in your situation. Good luck!

cflord

Post by cflord » Fri May 14, 2021 4:17 pm

P3D V4.5 is installed correctly and was working fine until I installed using your installer the A-1H.

After installing the A-1H, then and only then did P3D V4.5 not work properly!

Instead of trying to deflect blame to other areas, could we please direct our 'full' attention to fixing this problem?

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Fri May 14, 2021 4:29 pm

Hi -

No one is trying to deflect - we are trying to work out why it is not working for you and yet works for everyone else. At the moment we cannot reproduce your problem, so until someone else comes to us with the same problem and we can find some commonality, the balance of probability points to something unique with your set up.

Of course we see situations where an aircraft causes a CTD, but I personally have never seen one of our addons corrupt the base P3D sim. AFAIK there are no places where this can happen.

In order for us to proceed further, please provide us with a complete rundown of your systems specs and add-ons, including the drive location of your P3D install. please also provide us with any windows error logs created immediately after P3D crashes.

Best - Osh

YoYo

Post by YoYo » Fri May 14, 2021 6:49 pm

The basis is also for installation: exclusions in antivirus, Windows defender, UAC off, installation with admin rights + P3D not on disc C (sometimes Windows may block some entries for some users of P3D) - only this is not related to this model but overall it's best to have those settings for P3D/FSX.

ChristianBramkamp

Post by ChristianBramkamp » Fri May 14, 2021 7:47 pm

cflord wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 4:17 pm
P3D V4.5 is installed correctly and was working fine until I installed using your installer the A-1H.

After installing the A-1H, then and only then did P3D V4.5 not work properly!

Instead of trying to deflect blame to other areas, could we please direct our 'full' attention to fixing this problem?
For sure there are some things to fix, but i have to agree with comments above. Your problem sounds very strange and not like something and addon would cause. Any possibilty an graphic driver was installed to the same time (maybe in the background)?

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Sat May 15, 2021 12:09 pm

I have seen this behavior before it is caused by saving a different flight as the default flight the resulting save will not get overwritten or corrected by reinstalling as it is a user file. I just cannot remember what file or where it is saved. I suspect programdata or appdata.

Even if you were to reinstall the whole sim and these files were not cleaned up you would still have the same issue.

Either way it is a P3D problem.

YoYo

Post by YoYo » Sun May 16, 2021 7:36 am

Slayer wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 12:09 pm
I have seen this behavior before it is caused by saving a different flight as the default ...
Good catch. You have right, it could be reason of his problem (if user did it) but it looks also like P3D wasnt fully uninstalled.

To remove wrong saved default start go to your prepar3d.cfg and remove this line after "=" (red text), will be ok after this:

SITUATION=C:\Users\xxxxxx\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Files\name of flight

Never set up any advanced addon as defualt flight. The best way is to setup Maule or default Piper Cub (so no F-22 or F-35 even).

cflord

Post by cflord » Mon May 17, 2021 2:20 am

OMG I think you guys have figured out my problem! After reading your posts I reinstalled the A-1H Skyraider, and brought up my P3D V4.5.
When P3D came up, the A-1H was still behaving like it was the default airplane. I chose the Maule and Eglin AFB as I knew they were a default airplane and airport. Next I made sure the plane was full of fuel, engine running, and configured for takeoff. I also made sure I was in the plane in the VC view.
I then saved it as the new "Default Flight", Exited P3D and then brought P3D back up. P3D came up with the Maule as the Default Airplane. I selected my Super Cub and Homer, AK. When my flight came up the plane was sitting on the ground with fuel in all the tanks and the engine running!
In other words, thanks to you guys my P3D V4.5 is running normally! This has got to be one of the strangest things that has ever happened to me in all my years of flight simulation. Thank you ever so much! Cliff

YoYo

Post by YoYo » Mon May 17, 2021 7:21 am

I glad to hear it! :) enjoy the plane from now :).

Return to “A-1H Skyraider Support Forum”