Prop Damage

ijdjr2
Prop Damage

Post by ijdjr2 » Sat May 08, 2021 5:35 pm

It looks like the prop damage is baked into the mdl

No mention in the manual of how to undo the damage curled prop tips and I wish I could remove that feature.

As you well know, A2A simulations incorporates such damage and provides a maintenance repair hanger.

I tried to remove the prop textures in the main textures which alleviates some of the issue but no blade is seen when engine
is started. Only see the blades when engine is off.

I've discovered to partially eradicate the blade damage effect is to reselect the same aircraft and P3D will reload it with prop fixed.

Would of been nice to of offered the option to forgo this bent prop blade tips effect (only thing that gets mangles in a crash)

When slewing the aircraft above land and in the lower to ground mode, if it is not stopped quick enough and impacts the ground, the prop blades
are toast (damaged).

Slayer
Re: Prop Damage

Post by Slayer » Mon May 10, 2021 11:48 pm

Prop damage is in the model. The only way to repair is to start and new flight.

YoYo

Post by YoYo » Tue May 11, 2021 7:24 pm

You can also "refresh" the model by key directly in the sim - reloading model (you must set up it, no default shortcut key in FSX/P3D for this).I think it will work for this too (but didnt check it).
Last edited by YoYo on Thu May 13, 2021 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Wed May 12, 2021 9:56 pm

Other testers have reported it is OK to slew as long as you do not bang the aircraft into anything. Otherwise you need to have damage turned off.

ijdjr2

Post by ijdjr2 » Sat May 15, 2021 11:32 pm

Slayer wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 9:56 pm
Other testers have reported it is OK to slew as long as you do not bang the aircraft into anything. Otherwise you need to have damage turned off.
I've discovered that in slew mode using the "Z" key will slowly lower the aircraft.Such a deal.

Return to “A-1H Skyraider Support Forum”