P180E MFD, PFD and FMC issues

Heronjr
P180E MFD, PFD and FMC issues

Post by Heronjr » Sat May 14, 2022 12:19 am

The aircraft is the P180E and the platform is P3D V5.3 HF1. I can turn on the engines but when using Avionics switch, the PFD and MFD don't turn on. The FMC turns on, but sometime after loading the flight plan, it freezes. Then, after trying using the avionics, comes a CTD. Are there any issues with this aircraft and V5.3?

I have the KA350i and she works perfectly. I bought today the P180E and she's running in the same environment of the KA350i.

Thanks for your attention
Heron

Slayer
Re: P180E MFD, PFD and FMC issues

Post by Slayer » Sat May 14, 2022 12:33 am

I believe the only incompatibility is the WXR with 5.3 Did you try to use the weather radar?

Heronjr

Post by Heronjr » Sat May 14, 2022 1:24 am

Nope for WXR. I'm still trying to know how to turn on the avionics. As I said, MFD and PFD are off, and the FMC freezes after some clicks.

Regards
Heron

Heronjr

Post by Heronjr » Sat May 14, 2022 4:37 am

For instance:
11. Start Switch..................... START
12. Cond Lever (NG 13%+)......... GROUND IDLE

Where do I read NG 13%+ ???
My bats are on, of course, but the displays are all off.

FMC: The problem is when I press ACTIVATE, it does not show the EXEC word and it freezes from this point.

I've also tryed starting the sim with the plane READY FOR START (MVANS option), and the displays are off. Only the FMC and the Radio Tuning Unit are ON, and the ESIS shows a half light blue ribbon.

The other complex aircraft I have (A2A Cessna, Milviz KA350i, PMDGs 737/747) are all flying.

Long time ago I bet 50 bucks on the promised KA350i and waited 5 years for a initially crippled product. Now it is working with a dark panel. I won't wait a month for a P180E fix after that experience, gentlemen. Please, lead me to a refund request if my issue has no solution.

Thanks

Heronjr

Post by Heronjr » Sun May 22, 2022 2:42 pm

Hi,
Curious thing: I uninstalled the P180E and, after that, my KA350i inherited the PFD/MFD problems - i.e. now they are blank displays when I turn on the avionics.

And more, a new message box came out from the blue reporting "Error: the session is not connected". Anyway, if I click OK in the message box, any further click on the PFD, MFD or FMC brings an immediate CTD.

I fixed the "session" message following some post here in the forum, but the blank PFD/MFD and CTD persists.

I swear that my KA350i was perfectly working before the P180E uninstall.

Regards

Taguilo

Post by Taguilo » Tue May 24, 2022 1:08 pm

Hi,

Please check that XMLTools64.dll is properly installed. It is mandatory both for the P180 and the King Air.

Thanks.

Heronjr

Post by Heronjr » Wed May 25, 2022 3:22 pm

Hi Taquilo,
The file XMLTools64.dll exists in the P3Dv5 root folder. Please, what do you mean with "properly installed"?

The KA350i is still having problems. With battery on, I have no PFD/MFD. The FMS works until I press "Activate" route or insert the passengers number (PERF). I am sure the P180E installation brought these problems, because, before that, the KA350i had a perfect behavior for two years.

Yesterday night, I uninstalled the KA using REVO Uninstaller which cleans each and every application footprint and reinstalled it, checking the redistributables one by one, and the XMLTools64.dll. At last, I lost my patience and uninstalled the aircraft.

I've been reading some complains in this forum about these problems and I agree with all of them. Milviz support is not more what was sometime ago, and we are not here as software engineers to check XML files contents and installation consistency.

I am a a database administrator and C# programmer with quite a good computer knowledge, but here I am not obliged to deal with those simulation particularities. I repeat: all the other complex aircraft are working pretty well here with quite simple installation procedures.

Thanks for your attention

Return to “180 EVO Support Forum”