How to operate the standby instrument? [Answered]

Emi
How to operate the standby instrument? [Answered]

Post by Emi » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:04 am

I'm trying to make changes to the standby instrument, namely to change its brightness and to change it from inHg to hPa.
I can find the respective menus by clicking the Menu key at the bottom, I can scroll down to the required setting during the wheel on the lower right of the instrument. But that's where it stops, I have no access into the menus.
Following the general principle of the product I should be able to access them using the middle mouse button on the wheel that's normally used to change the altimeter setting, but that's not working. Simply nothing happens when I do this.

Any hint how to access those menus?

Slayer
Re: How to operate the standby instrument?

Post by Slayer » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:55 am

Emi wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:04 am
I'm trying to make changes to the standby instrument, namely to change its brightness and to change it from inHg to hPa.
I can find the respective menus by clicking the Menu key at the bottom, I can scroll down to the required setting during the wheel on the lower right of the instrument. But that's where it stops, I have no access into the menus.
Following the general principle of the product I should be able to access them using the middle mouse button on the wheel that's normally used to change the altimeter setting, but that's not working. Simply nothing happens when I do this.

Any hint how to access those menus?
Middle mouse button on the dial should select it. Another customer had same issue as you and chase plane was intercepting the MMB. Had to turn it off.

Emi

Post by Emi » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:56 pm

I use Chaseplane, however the mmb works on the Autopilot knobs so it should work here as well, shouldn't it?

Emi

Post by Emi » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:36 pm

Just had the chance to test it. Indeed, when I kill ChasePlane I can operate the standby instrument.
Now I'm wondering, why can I operate the other knobs like the AP fine with ChasePlane but not the standby instrument? It's really really annoying that I have to turn off ChasePlane in order to operate the standby instrument.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:52 pm

Does the same on the KA. We aren't doing anything special on the MMB. If you bring it to the developers attention he may fix it. In fact he fixed a issue with his program that was causing issues on the KA before.

Emi

Post by Emi » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:12 am

Thank you again Steve, I'll drop them a mail and see if they can do anything.

Emi
Re: How to operate the standby instrument? [Answered]

Post by Emi » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:02 pm

Hi Steve,

I've got an answer from the //42 support and they say they wouldn't have changed anything in the past 3 years since the KingAir and wouldn't be able to do anything about it.
Could you please get in touch with them and try to find a solution?
By the way, the same problem with Chaseplane also applies to the system test rotary knob.

Slayer
Re: How to operate the standby instrument? [Answered]

Post by Slayer » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:00 pm

I've reached out directly to Keven. He has a copy of the aircraft and I explained the problem, hoping he can sort it out. Awaiting a reply.

Return to “180 EVO Support Forum”