PC-6 does not work correctly

N4GIX
Re: PC-6 does not work correctly

Post by N4GIX » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:37 pm

XMLTools.dll is for 32 bit sim versions.
XMLTools64.dll is for 64 bit sim versions.

There should be XMLTools64Installer.exe in the PC-6 root folder and should have been automatically installed when the PC-6 installer was first run.

Here is the installer for the 64bit version:
XMLTools64Installer.zip
(332.25 KiB) Downloaded 28 times

FerDeLance

Post by FerDeLance » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:28 pm

N4GIX wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:37 pm
XMLTools.dll is for 32 bit sim versions.
XMLTools64.dll is for 64 bit sim versions.

There should be XMLTools64Installer.exe in the PC-6 root folder and should have been automatically installed when the PC-6 installer was first run.

Here is the installer for the 64bit version:
XMLTools64Installer.zip
Thank you!

I don't know what went wrong. The installer was nowhere to be found in any of my PC-6 folders. Btw, I'm not sure what is considered the PC-6 root folder as I have five MV_PC-6_xxxx folders all at the same level in my SimObjects/Airplanes folder.

At this point, I suppose this is all academic as all my controls are now working after editing my dll.xml. I am having a different issue now as the engine repeatedly quits (blows up?), but that's off-topic for this thread.

Thanks again for your help.

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:57 am

Well, I don't have it installed on my sim machine because I've been working on my own projects. But any of the PC-6 folders could work. I don't know why you had to edit the dll.xml file, as the installer should update that file automatically.

FerDeLance

Post by FerDeLance » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:31 am

Ok, pretty sure I know what happened and why I had to edit the dll.xml file. Or I should say *thought* I had to edit the dll.xml file. And hopefully this will help others who might be having issues with XMLTools64.dll.

In my case, I have the file at multiple locations and the installer was updating an instance of dll.xml at a completely different location than we've been told in this thread:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\dll.xml
NOT \Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\dll.xml

Tonight I uninstalled and reinstalled the PC-6 to find out what was going on and was able to make this discovery. My guess is that my XMLTools was installed all along and I was just looking at the wrong XML file initially.

In the future, might want to include the ProgramData path when helping users check the status of their XMLTools.

FerDeLance

Post by FerDeLance » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:42 am

doodlebug wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:52 pm
You should find the installer here:
Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\MV_PC-6_Base\panel/XMLTools64Installer.exe
This is incorrect, at least with the latest PC-6 installer anyway. The XMLTools64 installer can be found in the Redist folder not the Panel folder:

Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SImObjects\Airplanes\MV_PC-6_Base\Redist\XMLTools64Installer.exe

Return to “Pilatus PC-6 Support Forum”