Unable to get VC to load fully

emmett
Unable to get VC to load fully

Post by emmett » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:09 am

Does your system meet the sims requirements?:
YES
Did you temporarily disable your anti-virus program during the download process?:
YES
Before installing did you disable UAC. (User Account Control)?:
YES
Did you install, and are you running the sim as an admin?:
YES
Before running the sim did you make sure the FSX/P3D directory is off limits to any AV scanning?:
YES
Does your system have the required distributables?:
YES
Is your video card DX11 compatible?:
YES
If applicable, did disable any FSX to P3D migration tools (like Estonia) before running the sim?:
YES
Are you using an aircraft other than a Milviz one as your default aircraft?:
YES
Do you have the appropriate SimConnect libraries installed?:
YES

Aircraft: C310R
Sim platform: FSX + Acceleration
Operating system: Win10
Version: 170808 and then 171202
The exterior looks great and the sounds are fine. I use a CH Yoke. Graphics card GeForce GTX 760 2048MB

I have also run FSX in Win7 mode as admin. I have tried all I can think of! All roads lead to this:
Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (3).png (1.26 MiB) Viewed 1109 times
Any clues? I can't believe I am the first with this. This is the only aircraft I have ever been stumped by. Pity, as it was my New Years treat for myself.

Thanks folks!

Raptor
Re: Unable to get VC to load fully

Post by Raptor » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:07 pm

Verify the panel you have selected for your livery

emmett

Post by emmett » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:22 am

Thanks raptor, I will check that out as soon as I get back from my business trip and report back. I really hope it is something that simple. I really want to fly this model.

emmett

Post by emmett » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:53 pm

No Joy raptor. I have verified the panel choice and no matter what I still get the same. MVANS defaults checked and verified. The aircraft config is accurate and the panel configs and gauges are all there...??? :(

This is becoming very frustrating. Loading and reloading, installing and uninstalling, checking and changing settings, I have even reinstalled FSX fully. I am getting close to pulling the pin!

Can anyone help please?

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:59 pm

Although I've seen this before, my failing memory won't let me remember what the proximate cause was. Well, it has been over five years ago... :oops:

What I can tell you is that since all of the 'missing stuff' is part of the compiled model, it is likely that your graphics card is being overloaded.

As a sanity check in the meantime, turn down all options to the left and see if the virtual cockpit will completely load.

emmett

Post by emmett » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:38 pm

Trust me to challenge people's memories! :lol:

Bill! Thanks for the suggestion but it I got identical results no matter how I dumbed down my options and graphics settings, even on the card settings. My system is smooth as silk with everything else and all other aircraft load just fine.
Doesn't change if I run as admin or not. I have Win 10 and no difference if I run in native or compatibility mode (Win 7 as suggested)

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:51 am

Bill, you sure it isn't that anti piracy method you used ages ago to hide geometry of the VC? Perhaps a few uncontrolled viz tags?

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:45 pm

JonathanBleeker wrote:Bill, you sure it isn't that anti piracy method you used ages ago to hide geometry of the VC? Perhaps a few uncontrolled viz tags?
Jon, I don't believe I put any such in the original C310R. Of course the latest release(s) have been reworked by Chuck, so I don't know what may be in the current .max file.

As a sanity check, he could try the last version I compiled just to see if the missing stuff appears:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3mrjymkakdy4j ... 8.zip?dl=0

emmett

Post by emmett » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:05 am

That's odd... As soon as I unpacked the installer you suggested I try for a "sanity check", My system went wild with alerts of Trojan:Win32/Azden.A!cl found from the installer exe......

I think my best bet is to ask PC Aviator for my money back (first time ever since I started simming 15 years ago) and never worry about MilViz again.

I'm sorry to have bothered you.

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:27 am

emmet wrote:alerts of Trojan:Win32/Azden.A!cl found from the installer exe......
it is essential you disable your antivirus while downloading & installing.

Warning: All Anti-Virus programs or software must be disabled before downloading and installing these products. Failure to do so may result in a faulty or non-functioning installation. False positives are very common and are not to be mistaken for actual viruses. We guarantee that there are no viruses present in our products.

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:49 am

Given that file came from my personal machine and was stored on my dropbox account, I can personally guarantee that was a false positive...

emmett

Post by emmett » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:13 pm

Oh I did turn off all my "protection" when running everything and did it as admin, etc. Just as all your detailed instruction have said all along. The alert came BEFORE I ran anything other than pulling the installer out of the ZIP. I never did try that installer. Still, it doesn't matter. I have no confidence that this addon will ever work on my system so have uninstalled it and deleted all copies as well as the files left behind by the uninstall in the gauges and effects folders. I have already wasted enough time that included a complete reinstall of FSX. This was supposed to be a treat for me in my relaxing hobby of flight simming. Instead it has been an exercise in frustration. I shouldn't have to go through all this nonsense just to get a game addon to work properly when every single other addon I have works properly with nothing more than a few minor adjustment here or there. I'm very disappointed.

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:40 am

You must turn your AV off even when extracting the installer from the zip file. Our simulations use custom code that can be mistaken for malware. If you download, extract and install with your AV off, I am confident you will have a better result.

Best - O.

emmett

Post by emmett » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:13 am

Ok, I'll give it another go.... wish me luck.

emmett

Post by emmett » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:00 am

Persistence paid off. It all seems to load with this installer - MilViz C310R Unified Installer v1.160508

PHEW!! At last! Thank you for that. Now to spend some time enjoying the much anticipated challenge of an accurately modelled twin!
I'm not sure how far behind I am in version features but at least it is operational.

Thank you all for your help and guidance!

Return to “310 Support Forum”