PA30 panel configuration

Yuri-R
PA30 panel configuration

Post by Yuri-R » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:18 pm

Hello,

I have the latest installer for P3Dv5 with Navstax installed for V5. In MVAMS changing the panel to Free Radio or Navstax has no effect and only the default panel is displayed. I see there are no entries for Model and Panel in the Aircraft.cfg file either. Is there a way to resolve this issue so the panel can be changed?
Thank you.

Slayer
Re: PA30 panel configuration

Post by Slayer » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:20 pm

I'm asking the team to see if there is a quick fix. It should be just a matter of editing the .cfg and adding the correct model & panel entries.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:25 pm

I've done some investigating, it appears the MVAMS isn't modifying the panel.cfg file in P3Dv5.

The process is pretty simple:

\Prepar3D V5\SimObjects\Airplanes\MV_Twinkie\Panel

Look for the file panel.cfg file, rename it to panel.cfg.bak , so you have the original- What you need to do is copy the panel config from the PanelConfigs folder that you want to use , in your case NavStacks_Panel.cfg and then copy it to the directory above and rename it to panel.cfg

I just tested it and it does work now.

It would appear the MVAMS isn't P3Dv5 "aware" as When I change it in MVAMS it does swap the files around in V4 just fine.

I will ask Chuck if he can correct this when he gets back.

Yuri-R

Post by Yuri-R » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:03 pm

Thanks for the help. Your fix does work to change the panel, but with a choice (through MVAMS) of a bugged autopilot or no autopilot. If the autopilot fix from this forum is applied, the only choice is the default panel with a working autopilot or no radio panel at all. Is there a way to have a panel with a working autopilot and other panel choices using your method?
Thanks.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:51 pm

I'm going to have to wait for CJ to help on this , I've taken it as far as I can. There must be some mixup on the files. Are you using the KAP fix from here? viewtopic.php?f=193&t=11972

Yuri-R

Post by Yuri-R » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:33 pm

Yes I am. This fix can only work with the default panel.

Return to “Piper PA30 Support Forum”