Mapping Functions to Honeycomb Yoke

garrylundberg
Mapping Functions to Honeycomb Yoke

Post by garrylundberg » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:46 am

Have been mapping various functions to the switches on the Honeycomb Yoke. Was able to get almost all that I wanted except for two items:
  • Radio Master Switch - Was able to identify the variable was "Avionics_On_Init". However when I put into the Yoke Input software ">L:Avionics_On_Init" nothing happens. Can you advise how to make this work?
  • Can not find any variable for the Nav lights. Can you advise what this would be?
Thanks,
Garry

N4GIX
Re: Mapping Functions to Honeycomb Yoke

Post by N4GIX » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:37 pm

Avionics/Radio Master Switch = (L:B350i_MAIN_Switch_Avionics,enum)

Navigation Lights = (L:B350i_NavigationLights,bool)

Let me know if you need any others. Also, tell me how the Honeycomb Yoke is working out. I may wind up buying one to replace my current Saitek, which quite frankly has proven not nearly as good as my first to CH Pro Yokes... :cry:

garrylundberg

Post by garrylundberg » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:03 pm

Bill,

Wow...thanks for the quick reply. If your thinking of buying the Honeycomb...do it. I had the CH before...this is way better. Response is much more smooth. I also bought the MFG Crosswind Rudder pedals about the same time (also great)...I can now actually, easily, do coordinated turns at any bank angle. Two negative things I've read about the Yoke:
  • Mounting issues. Reported by one person only. I've had mine mounted, using only the supplied 3M sticky pad (no clamps) for about 3 weeks now, with no issues.
  • Elevator effort. Some have said they think the effort required for pitch is to high. With over 1,000 hrs in real GA aircraft from Piper Cubs to PA-31P's, I think it's about right. For sure you won't fly out of trim for long...but I like it.
Back to the subject at hand...sorry to say neither variable would work for me. See screen shot, attached, of what I entered into their software. Note the "greater than (>)" symbol is required. I noticed two things about the variables you sent:
  • All other variables that work do not have a ",enum" nor ",bool" in them for the variable entry. See other attachment of the Battery Master for what I did for that switch. The entry with the ",Bool" is for the condition...not the variable.
  • Yours reference the B350i...I'm trying to set up the PA-30 Twin Comanche...is that an issue?
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Garry
Attachments
Master Battery.jpg
Master Battery.jpg (269 KiB) Viewed 1032 times
Radio Master.jpg
Radio Master.jpg (266.57 KiB) Viewed 1032 times

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:18 pm

Oh dear! I did send info for the King Air 350i and not the Twinkie! :oops:

The nav light switch is using the default sim command: K:TOGGLE_NAV_LIGHTS

The radio/avionics switch is using the default sim command: K:TOGGLE_AVIONICS_MASTER)

garrylundberg

Post by garrylundberg » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:59 pm

Great...thanks. I'll give those a try.

Garry

garrylundberg

Post by garrylundberg » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:53 pm

That did it...thanks.

Return to “Piper PA30 Support Forum”