Aircraft does not start

fsimacademy
Aircraft does not start

Post by fsimacademy » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:36 am

Hi,

I'm oppening this post as instructed by Osh. One month ago I bought the PA-30 Twin Comanche, but I was never able to start it, even following all the procedures and checklists found in the manual. Even with CTRL+E it doesn't start. I made a video: https://youtu.be/-UqolKCsS8g

I did turned off Windows Defender before installing the aircraft, and everyting I running as admin. Windows UAC is off, I have Simconnect installed and it just happens with this aircraft (I have a lot of other addons). Tried on different airports, including the default one.

Anyone can help me?

Useful info:

P3D v4.3 running on Windows 10 Professional (latest updates). Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6Ghz, Asus Maximus VII Ranger Mobo, 32Gb RAM - 1886MHz DDR3 (4x8), EVGA Nvidia GForce GTX 980ti 6Gb, SSD Kingston 480Gb, SSD Corsair Force 480Gb LE and HDD WD 3Tb.

N4GIX
Re: Aircraft does not start

Post by N4GIX » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:56 pm

If you select the ready to fly option, does the Twinkie load up with the engines running?

If you press Ctrl-Shift-F4 prior to attempting engine start, will they start up?

What is your "Default Aircraft" and is it saved with the engine(s) running?

fsimacademy

Post by fsimacademy » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:57 pm

Q: If you select the ready to fly option, does the Twinkie load up with the engines running?
A: No, it doesn't. Reason must the the last answer below.

Q: If you press Ctrl-Shift-F4 prior to attempting engine start, will they start up?
A: No, it doesn't.

Q: What is your "Default Aircraft" and is it saved with the engine(s) running?
A: It's the default Beechcraft Bonanza in a C&D situation, so all my airplanes start like that. I hate to start with engines running.

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:45 pm

fsimacademy wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:57 pm
Q: What is your "Default Aircraft" and is it saved with the engine(s) running?
A: It's the default Beechcraft Bonanza in a C&D situation, so all my airplanes start like that. I hate to start with engines running.
Okay, try assigning a key-combination to "Fuel Valves Open/Close" in the Options menu. I've chosen "Shift-Control-F" myself because I will never use the default assignment of "Follow Other Player."

If this solves your non-start problem, I can easily add that to the startup logic control file so it won't require any manual keystrokes.

fsimacademy

Post by fsimacademy » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:29 pm

Still does not work.

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:04 am

You are sure you have fuel?
Both fuel levers are selected to the Main Tanks?

Change your "Default Flight" to have the Bonanza load running, then be sure to save it, keeping it as the "Default Flight"

Change the Twin Comanche to Ready to Start via the MVAMS utility
Now load the Twinkie and see if it is running.

Return to “Piper PA30 Support Forum”