New Installer causes P3D V4 to freeze

garrylundberg
New Installer causes P3D V4 to freeze

Post by garrylundberg » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:17 pm

First flight after new installer...P3D V4 freezes after just a very few minutes of flight. Tried shutting down, restart and new flight...same result. Reverted to old installer (I always keep previous installers) and all works as normal. Also note my report of no dome light with new installer...no support response to that as of yet.

Please help. Thanks,

garrylundberg
Re: New Installer causes P3D V4 to freeze

Post by garrylundberg » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:32 am

Been unable to fly aircraft since this post. Would appreciate some help in getting it working.

Thanks,

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:05 am

Are you flying a version configured for the WX??

garrylundberg

Post by garrylundberg » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:21 am

Negative. Only have Navstax, Wing Tips & KAP 140 Auto Pilot.

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:53 am

Can you post the error report please?

You can enable content error reporting in P3D>Options>Application
The report will be in C:\Users\{username}\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files\ContentErrors.txt.

You will also find a Windows error log here:
Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application
Scroll down to the Error (Red dot and then copy the text in the grey box below into your post.

garrylundberg

Post by garrylundberg » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:53 am

Flew for about 1 1/2 hrs with no problem. Still had about 30 min to go in my flight and realized I had not turned on Live ATC Chatter Pro...so did so. Within a few minutes started to have problems. First the screen went black but I was still able to hear the sounds and was able to recover the screen and flight. Then screen went black and after a few seconds went CTD. Attached are the Event Viewer reports you wanted. Was unable to "copy" the Event Viewer data in the grey box so did a screen shot. There were two "red dots"...one about 30 min before the screen first went black and one about the time it happened and went CTD.

Was also unable to attached the Content Error.txt report you wanted...you site would not accept it...said "ContentErrors.txt was an invalid extension. I then converted it to a pdf but same result. So I looked in your forums but did not see anything that said what file formats were acceptable. Therefore I am attaching it in an email to you.

If the problem is Live ATC Chatter Pro...would be curious why this aircraft yet no problem with this app on any other aircraft...I use it on almost all flights.

Thanks,
Attachments
Event Viewer Error 2.jpg
Event Viewer Error 2.jpg (353.03 KiB) Viewed 1169 times
Event Viewer Error 1.jpg
Event Viewer Error 1.jpg (351.43 KiB) Viewed 1169 times

Return to “Piper PA30 Support Forum”