Control issues: root sim directory?

SloppyDog
Control issues: root sim directory?

Post by SloppyDog » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:19 am

Hello all,

First and foremost, I would like to compliment the Milviz team on the developmenet of this aircraft. What a nice aircraft this is.

Anyway, as amazing this bird is, I'm having some issues with it: oil radiator flaps and intercooler flaps don't work. When I push them up, they automatically come down. I don't know if it is a control issue with my controlers, if so, what is the keyboard command that controls them.
Also, I took the Corsair to altitude, and the engine lost power. I realized that auto rich and auto lean were not working properly.
And, finally, TACPACK does not work at all, I press the fire guns and pickle buton, and nothing ( after, of course, arming all guns and bombs and rockets).

One thing I noticed, though: in the support page it says I must install the aircaft in the 'root sim directory', and not following that may cause malfunctioning controls and other issues. Searching through the forums, some have installed their Milviz products in a created folder named Milviz. Mine is installed in the C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes directory.

So, what I have to do: create a Milviz folder in the C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 directory?
Or do I have to move the entire P3D installation to the root C:\ directory?

Thanks in advance for your help.

JonathanBleeker
Re: Control issues: root sim directory?

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:55 am

Your install is correct. The issue we were dealing with there was where some were trying to use the addon.xml method to link the aircraft to the sim outside of the sim location.

I can't recall what might be affecting your radiator and intercooler flaps, but regarding engine power, were you moving your supercharger lever to the correct positions as you climbed? This aircraft doesn't have an automatic supercharger, and there are limits to the auto lean capabilities when you go outside of the supercharger range.

As for TACPACK, I would need screenshots of your panel showing all the controls you used to arm.

SloppyDog

Post by SloppyDog » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:31 am

JonathanBleeker wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:55 am
I can't recall what might be affecting your radiator and intercooler flaps, but regarding engine power, were you moving your supercharger lever to the correct positions as you climbed?
Jonathan,
What is affecting radiator and intercooler flpas is...well, user inability (what a shame...). I realized that oil and intercooler flaps controls have a central position, and in order to open and close them you need to hold the controls to the position you want and them they will come up or down to the central position automatically... :oops:
About the supercharger...yes, I used it in low above 10,000 feet and high above 18,000 feet. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I have a question, though: I have two free axis in my throttle setup. They are of the central position type. How could I set these to command the oil and intercooler flaps?
JonathanBleeker wrote:
This aircraft doesn't have an automatic supercharger, and there are limits to the auto lean capabilities when you go outside of the supercharger range.
Well, I didn't know about that. I was at 21,000 feet and felt the engine losing power. I took the mixture way down out of auto lean to compensate. I Ithought auto lean would work even at altitude. If that's not the case and it is a feature, it is nice to know. Maybe it is too much flying time in the Mustang and I'm too much spoiled.
JonathanBleeker wrote:
As for TACPACK, I would need screenshots of your panel showing all the controls you used to arm.
As for TACPACK I use FSUIPC. I read elsewhere in the forums that some people were having trouble using TACPACk and FSUIPC together. If that's the case, what should I do?

ScruffyTheMongoose

Post by ScruffyTheMongoose » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:43 am

This is not the place for support. All support questions are to be dealt with in the support forum for that aircraft ONLY.

@Jon... tsk tsk... you KNOW this.

At Sloppy Dog... if you're not already a member of the support forum for this aircraft, please contact doodlebug and he will assist you.

If you are, please ask a mod to move your thread.

That all said, it is highly recommended that you read the manual as this contains almost all of the questions you are asking.

Thanks.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:31 am

I missed the fact that I wasn’t operating in the support forum:blush:

SloppyDog

Post by SloppyDog » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:34 am

SnuffyTheMongoose,

I didn't know about the Support Forums.
I've asked doodlebug access to it.

Jon,
Thans for your help.

I'll leave this as reference for other pilots: regarding the problems I had with Tacpack, they were related to some issues with TacPack installation. Updated video drivers, FSUIPC and Tacpack and now everything works all right.

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:42 am

Moved this thread to the official FG-1D Support Forum.

Maryadi

Post by Maryadi » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:55 pm

where is support forum for FG-1D actually?
I save my shortcut link to this support forum.

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:11 pm

Maryadi wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:55 pm
where is support forum for FG-1D actually?
I save my shortcut link to this support forum.
This is the official FG-1D support forum. I moved this thread from the general public FG-1D forum.

Maryadi

Post by Maryadi » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:56 am

SloppyDog wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:19 am
Hello all,

First and foremost, I would like to compliment the Milviz team on the developmenet of this aircraft. What a nice aircraft this is.

Anyway, as amazing this bird is, I'm having some issues with it: oil radiator flaps and intercooler flaps don't work. When I push them up, they automatically come down. I don't know if it is a control issue with my controlers, if so, what is the keyboard command that controls them.
oil radiator flaps and intercooler lever flaps are using spring mechanism (as real did), so it must move lever and hold till desire position, then release. a moment push would make flap snap back.
no default keyboard command, list of Lvar are in documentation.
SloppyDog wrote:
Also, I took the Corsair to altitude, and the engine lost power. I realized that auto rich and auto lean were not working properly.
And, finally, TACPACK does not work at all, I press the fire guns and pickle buton, and nothing ( after, of course, arming all guns and bombs and rockets).
engine power are simulated as real did. read documentation for detail
SloppyDog wrote:
One thing I noticed, though: in the support page it says I must install the aircaft in the 'root sim directory', and not following that may cause malfunctioning controls and other issues. Searching through the forums, some have installed their Milviz products in a created folder named Milviz. Mine is installed in the C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes directory.

So, what I have to do: create a Milviz folder in the C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 directory?
Or do I have to move the entire P3D installation to the root C:\ directory?

Thanks in advance for your help.
for save, use "C:\Sim Dir"

Return to “FG-1D Corsair Support Forum”