Weather Radar In PC-6 Purchased From ORBX

Post your support request in the sub-forum that corresponds to your product
sab12
Weather Radar In PC-6 Purchased From ORBX

Post by sab12 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:37 pm

Just purchased PC-6 from ORBX's FSX Central. I own the Flight1 GTN Complete package so can install GTN750 via MVAMS. Also run Active Sky 2016 in P3Dv4.5.
I have three questions:
(1) Do I have to buy a REX weather package to have the weather radar in my PC-6 work? If so, is it the Weather Advantage package?
(2) When the GTN750 is set to Weather Radar on the Weather Page, what is it displaying?
(3) When setting rudder trim, the green arrow on the triple trim guage points to the right. Is that the correct setting for takeoff (assume compensating for engine torque).
Thanks,
sab12

Raptor
Re: Weather Radar In PC-6 Purchased From ORBX

Post by Raptor » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:46 am

1) No. There is a version of the weather radar included with your plane. Just select that option in your MVAMS

I dont know the answer to questions 2 and 3

If your sim crashes after activating the WX radar, it may be outdated. In the support forums you can find the latest version

sab12

Post by sab12 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:26 am

Thanks for your reply.

When I check Weather Radar in the MVAMS, the gauge appears on the panel but I have not been able to get anything to appear on it. Is there a power switch somewhere that activates it?

I did find and install an update but it made no difference.

YoYo

Post by YoYo » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:14 am

Ad.3 - yes, during take off and in flight (if its needed) also, for example I use all the time trim rudder to right.

Btw. Here its dedicated corner for support of Porter: https://milviz.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=211 .

sab12

Post by sab12 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:45 am

Thanks - had already seen the dedicated corner but missed reference to trim setting. This was where I found weather radar update for P3Dv4.5 hotfix which must be what I already had since I was not having any crashing issues.

Any other suggestions for seeing the weather? Is the gauge I'm seeing what Rex provides or just a frame that Milviz programs?

Appreciate your assistance.

sab12

Post by sab12 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:07 pm

Sorry about last question. Have now learned my way around the cockpit better and picked up the view that shows the radar gauge. Found the controls and it works well.

:oops:

YoYo

Post by YoYo » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:06 am

sab12 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:45 am
Any other suggestions for seeing the weather? Is the gauge I'm seeing what Rex provides or just a frame that Milviz programs?
It works with Active Sky or REX Software (weather) without problems.
You can find manual for Weater Radar here: https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/f ... hp?id=9922 .
sab12 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:07 pm
Sorry about last question. Have now learned my way around the cockpit better and picked up the view that shows the radar gauge. Found the controls and it works well.

:oops:
You can create your own view (editing for example [CameraDefinition.X]) in aircraft.cfg (check google for this), or use for example ChasePlane software.

Return to “Support Forums”