Flight controls

JPK
Flight controls

Post by JPK » Wed May 03, 2017 11:11 am

Hello
i encounter trim problems for level flight ....
As a basic setting for the trimming the aircraft in P3d V3.4 i use Elevator /Trim up and Elevator Trim down to adjust and
working fine for all a/c in use .
For the F4 ADV it seems to be different , the slightest input result into a contignious up or down so trimming to get to level flight
seems not possible .
The simulator has also an other option like Pitch down (Elevator down) and Pitch Up ( Elevator up) and ADV has Trim ( Nose Up ) and Trim ( Nose Down)
Does anyone know the "real" difference ?

JonathanBleeker
Re: Flight controls

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed May 03, 2017 12:05 pm

Try setting those same buttons to the trim commands in the AMS and see if it works better.

Alvaro

Post by Alvaro » Wed May 03, 2017 12:31 pm

JPK wrote:Hello
i encounter trim problems for level flight ....
As a basic setting for the trimming the aircraft in P3d V3.4 i use Elevator /Trim up and Elevator Trim down to adjust and
working fine for all a/c in use .
For the F4 ADV it seems to be different , the slightest input result into a contignious up or down so trimming to get to level flight
seems not possible .
The simulator has also an other option like Pitch down (Elevator down) and Pitch Up ( Elevator up) and ADV has Trim ( Nose Up ) and Trim ( Nose Down)
Does anyone know the "real" difference ?
The trim commands MUST be mapped in the AMS, otherwise no trim inputs will result. Additionally, any other trim command should (*) be eliminated from sim commands mapping.

(*) not a must but recommended.
Last edited by Alvaro on Wed May 03, 2017 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed May 03, 2017 12:34 pm

Unlike FSUIPC, you won't need to worry about the commands conflicting with the sim as we take special care to mask them from the sim when assigned in the AMS.

JPK

Post by JPK » Wed May 03, 2017 1:59 pm

Thanks you Alvaro and Jonathan for your help ..

Return to “McDonnell Douglas F-4 E Advanced Support Phorum”