How Do I Access....

sfetbrandt
How Do I Access....

Post by sfetbrandt » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:24 pm

OK, Jon....

Here, hopefully, are the last of my support questions for a while. They relate to accessing certain features of the F-4E sim. Honestly, I've searched high and low through the forums and outside sources for answers to these basic questions but can't find specific answers.

1. Is there a physical trim handle or trim wheel in this F-4E aircraft and, if so, where is it located?

2. MilViz literature recommends setting several "units" of nose-up trim for take-off. It also says the aircraft has automatic trim. So if the aircraft automatically adjusts trim, why the need to set trim for take-off?

3. I was never taught about "units" of trim in my general-aviation flight training and I've never flown fighter aircraft prior to this simulation. I was taught to simply crank the trim handle or roll the trim wheel a turn or so nose-up for take-off. So what is meant by "unit" of trim and how are such units displayed in the F-4E aircraft? Are they represented by the Angle of Attack gauge?

Moving on to another mystery....

1. I cannot locate the Realism/Failures page or access the "Instructor" flight mode. I saw in one of your forum comments the Realism page is accessed via the Add-Ons menu. There is a "MilViz F-4E Phantom II" listed in my P3Dv4 Add-Ons menu, but it contains only three items -- "Flight Plan Menu," "Signal External Airflow Start" and something called "Shared Event Sync," which can be enabled or disabled but doesn't seem to do much of anything else. I don't see anything about the "Realism/Failures" or "Instructor" flight mode.

If I can get these "phantom" items clarified, pun intended, I believe I'll have a relatively enjoyable experience flying your aircraft (downgraded only by my inability to utilize TacPack firepower, which we've already discussed and which isn't any fault of MilViz)....

Raptor
Re: How Do I Access....

Post by Raptor » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:16 pm

The physical trim is the hat on the stick and is not clickable. You must set those controls in your MVAMS as below
trimmvams.jpg
trimmvams.jpg (109.21 KiB) Viewed 1084 times
The units are indicated here. You should use 3 or 4 NOSE DOWN for takeoff
trim.jpg
trim.jpg (289.04 KiB) Viewed 1084 times

Raptor

Post by Raptor » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:36 pm

Oh... The menu is here...
Menu.jpg
Menu.jpg (54.29 KiB) Viewed 1082 times
Looks like this...
Realism.jpg
Realism.jpg (108.25 KiB) Viewed 1082 times
I would recommend you stay on default while you learn the plane and systems. As an example, landing hot or hard can lead to landing gear failure or you will have an increased number of engine fires. Is very nice, but keep your own learning curve a bit easy

sfetbrandt

Post by sfetbrandt » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:30 am

Thanks. Very helpful with the photos regarding the trim....
Last edited by sfetbrandt on Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Raptor

Post by Raptor » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:51 am

I think that has to do with the installation order... If you dont have TacPack, you dont need to install that, but I think you install the base and then the ADV. Been a few months since I installed mine so I dont recall exactly

sfetbrandt

Post by sfetbrandt » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:59 am

Thanks, Sergio.... The "F-4EADV Configuration" program was missing from my P3Dv4 Add-Ons drop-down menu. I reinstalled it and P3D is now recognizing it.

Return to “McDonnell Douglas F-4 E Advanced Support Phorum”