Throttle problem

JonathanBleeker
Re: Throttle problem

Post by JonathanBleeker » Tue May 09, 2017 6:06 pm

It is required due to our control of the throttle position sim variable behind the scenes. PMDG also does this which is why Pete told me that the axis is left unprocessed when their aircraft are in use.

Markeebo

Post by Markeebo » Thu May 11, 2017 4:42 pm

JonathanBleeker wrote:Ok here is the solution for now. It requires you to make a special profile for the F-4E ADV so that you don't end up wiping the calibration for another aircraft. In your calibration menu for the throttle axis commands, click the Reset button for each axis you are using. It will now show "Axis Not Processed". Then you will be able to get throttle inputs in the ADV.
Thanks for YOUR helpfulness in sorting this out JonathanBleeker.

Mark

martin88

Post by martin88 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:54 pm

Hello there,

I just wanted to make a new topic but I found this here.
Today I also bought the advanced package for the F4 and I got the same problem with the stuck throttle. I use FSX Steam on W10, no registered fsuipc!

Everything worked until I installed the advanced package. I don´t know what to do! My keybord settings and my joystick settings for the throttle are totally ignored by the F4.
As I understood, there might only be a problem when I make my settings over a registered fsuipc version?

So I´d be very pleased for help!

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:00 pm

Did you assign any axis controls in the AMS? I suspect you might have accidentally assigned your throttle axis to one of the radar commands. Keyboard throttle commands will not work either in this aircraft. It absolutely depends on a hardware throttle.

martin88

Post by martin88 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:16 pm

JonathanBleeker wrote:Did you assign any axis controls in the AMS? I suspect you might have accidentally assigned your throttle axis to one of the radar commands. Keyboard throttle commands will not work either in this aircraft. It absolutely depends on a hardware throttle.
No I did not (I think so). I have logitech F310 game pad and the throttle is put on normal buttons. So as I understood, I can only use the advanced thing when I have a joystick with throttle axes?

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:50 pm

Correct.

Return to “McDonnell Douglas F-4 E Advanced Support Phorum”