Loading the 310 causes CTD

aviator64
Loading the 310 causes CTD

Post by aviator64 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:07 pm

Just installed the 310 Redux. All instructions were followed for the installation (run as admin, AV disabled, etc). All my other airplanes work fine.
I load a default flight with the stock P3D Mooney Bravo, everything was fine. Tried to load the 310 and the sim went "not responding" and crashed.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the airplane.
I made sure the default nav radios were selected in the configurator, as I see others had trouble with WX radios. That's definitely not the case here.
I have ORBX scenery. I also have ActiveSky and ProATC/X although neither was running.

From event viewer:
The program Prepar3D.exe version 4.3.29.25520 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 65c
Start Time: 01d49ba86cee568c
Termination Time: 39
Application Path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Report Id: e328ead5-a4a1-45f3-9ac0-f7330ba4311c
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

The security/maintenance panel reported no issues.

From your website:

Does your system meet the sim's requirements? YES
Did you temporarily disable your anti-virus program during the download process? YES
Before installing did you disable UAC. (User Account Control)? YES
Did you install, and are you running the sim as an admin? YES
Before running the sim did you make sure the FSX/P3D directory is off limits to any AV scanning? YES
Does your system have the required distributables? YES
Is your video card DX11 compatible? YES
If applicable, did you disable any FSX to P3D migration tools (like Estonia) before running the sim? YES
Are you using an aircraft other than a Milviz one as your default aircraft? YES
Have you installed in the root sim directory? YES
Do you have the appropriate SimConnect libraries installed? YES

Aircraft: 310R Redux
Sim platform: P3D v.4
Operating system: Win10
Version: 3.180904
Unique ticket identifier: 8BEF011A-EBB3-237D-BD8E-B65BE8EE36C6

aviator64
Re: Loading the 310 causes CTD

Post by aviator64 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:03 am

OK, I found the culprit - it was the reallight and trueglass that were installed along with the 310.

After installing the 310, loading my Aerosoft Airbus Pro (which always worked before) also caused an immediate CTD. This was an important clue, as the Airbus also uses trueglass (not sure about reallight). That is what prompted me to look at those modules as a possible cause.

The reallight and trueglass installers that come with your 310 update the dll files, but do not update the shader files that were previously installed along with the Airbus. There is clearly some incompatibility.

Removing the reallight and trueglass subdirectories from P3D\gauges, and then re-running the installer, resulted in a clean install and fixed the CTD problem.

I need to do some testing and see if the trueglass effects still work in the Airbus. It would be a shame if it turned out that it would work in either one airplane or the other but not both.

aviator64
Re: Loading the 310 causes CTD

Post by aviator64 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:33 pm

Update - even with a fresh, clean install there are no TrueGlass effects - no raindrops on the VC windshield.

Return to “310 Redux Support Forum”