Radio frequency offsets

mallan157
Radio frequency offsets

Post by mallan157 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:39 pm

The COM and NAV radio frequencies in the non-GPS Beaver have small offsets (eg 2 kHz) when loaded. The COM radio can be overridden by autotune so is no problem, but there's no way of tuning the NAV radio to an appropriate frequency. I think this was an issue previously, and fixed, but I have the latest build (see below) and its back. I think its common to all models, but I haven't checked exhaustively (all liveries). Is there an xml or cfg file I can tweak to fix this? I'm running the P3DV4.2.21 Client.

Does your system meet the sim's requirements?
YES
Did you temporarily disable your anti-virus program during the download process?
YES
Before installing did you disable UAC. (User Account Control)?
YES
Did you install, and are you running the sim as an admin?
YES
Before running the sim did you make sure the FSX/P3D directory is off limits to any AV scanning?
YES
Does your system have the required distributables?
YES
Is your video card DX11 compatible?
YES
If applicable, did you disable any FSX to P3D migration tools (like Estonia) before running the sim?
YES
Are you using an aircraft other than a Milviz one as your default aircraft?
YES
Have you installed in the root sim directory?
YES
Do you have the appropriate SimConnect libraries installed?
YES

Aircraft: DHC-2 Beaver
Sim platform: P3D v.4
Operating system: Win10
Version: 171229
Unique ticket identifier: 3408EE63-3C53-7058-FF17-8D7004BCD4D6

PaulD
Re: Radio frequency offsets

Post by PaulD » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:40 pm

I have the same problem, mostly with the NAV radio, but occasionally with COM as well. The add-on's I use with P3D v. 4.3.29.25520 are MegaScenery for selected areas, Saitek switch and radio panels, and FS Global Real Weather. It seems to make no difference if the plane is in an area using MegaScenery or default P3D scenery. Also it seems to make no difference whether the Saitek radio panel is plugged in or not, or whether I tune using the Saitek or directly on the Beaver radio. An example of the offset is the VOR/DME 109.60 MHz. I can tune to 109.62, which of course does not work. For whatever it is worth, even though the Beaver is not equipped with NAV2, if I use the NAV2 setting on the Saitek radio panel, that will tune to proper increments, with the hundredths digit either 0 or 5.

Are other people having the same problem? Has there been any fix published that I have so far missed? I have not seen this problem with any other aircraft.

Does your system meet the sim's requirements? YES
Did you temporarily disable your anti-virus program during the download process? YES
Before installing did you disable UAC. (User Account Control)? YES
Did you install, and are you running the sim as an admin? YES
Before running the sim did you make sure the FSX/P3D directory is off limits to any AV scanning? YES
Does your system have the required distributables? YES
Is your video card DX11 compatible? YES
If applicable, did you disable any FSX to P3D migration tools (like Estonia) before running the sim? YES
Are you using an aircraft other than a Milviz one as your default aircraft? YES
Have you installed in the root sim directory? YES
Do you have the appropriate SimConnect libraries installed? YES

Aircraft: DHC-2 Beaver
Sim platform: P3D v.4
Operating system: Win10
Version: 171229
Unique ticket identifier: 0DF5F17D-97E0-D488-3686-78E4355A679C

HenryW

Post by HenryW » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:59 pm

I regularly have the same problem in the Beaver when using FSX:SE. Restarting the simulator until the settings are right again is the only solution I found. A bit annoying.

Best regards,

Henry

PaulD

Post by PaulD » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:57 pm

I couldn't swear to this, but I don't recall having the problem until after I installed the DH-3 Otter. This morning I uninstalled both planes and then put the Beaver back on. Frankly, I didn't care much for the Otter. In my opinion the Beaver simulation is much better. Anyway, I opened P3D and when I turned the NAV radio on, it was ok. Time will tell if it's really fixed.

HenryW

Post by HenryW » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:15 am

In addition to what I wrote earlier, just reloading the plane a few times works as well.

Best regards,

Henry

=JLP=

Post by =JLP= » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:37 pm

I have the same problem.

Loading and re-loading the plane is not an acceptable solution. (After 30 minutes preparing the flight)...

I only fly vfr, but VOR DME are needed bad.

Jean-luc

HenryW

Post by HenryW » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:39 pm

Dear Jean-Luc,

Checking whether the frequencies display properly is the first thing I do. Even before starting the plane. If not, I reload, and reload, and reload, until it is finally right. Not ideal, but the only way for me until there is a proper fix.

Best regards,

Henry

=JLP=

Post by =JLP= » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:08 am

HenryW wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:39 pm
Dear Jean-Luc,

Checking whether the frequencies display properly is the first thing I do. Even before starting the plane. If not, I reload, and reload, and reload, until it is finally right. Not ideal, but the only way for me until there is a proper fix.

Best regards,

Henry
Dear Henry,

It's just the reason why I do not purchase anymore product from Milviz....Until they are finished.
Too bad, because I really love the beaver, I'd like to purchased the 310R and the DHC-3 but I spend enough time tunning P3D, my homecokpit I don't want to spend time fixing an issue from a product supposed to work.

Regards
Jean-luc

Chuck Jodry

Post by Chuck Jodry » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:17 pm

The short answer is Yes there is one file that can be dropped into a folder that will remove the offset on the nav radio .
The CONTENTS of
radi_d.zip
(953 Bytes) Downloaded 28 times
go into \Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\DHC-2 Beaver Milviz\panel\C310_XMLGauges

We will need to include a rescripting of that element in the anticipated update to this package

Best CJ

HenryW

Post by HenryW » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:21 pm

Hi Chuck,

Thanks a lot for this update. Seems to work for me. So far no more nav radio offsets.

Best regards,

Henry

=JLP=

Post by =JLP= » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:39 am

Chuck Jodry wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:17 pm
The short answer is Yes there is one file that can be dropped into a folder that will remove the offset on the nav radio .
The CONTENTS of radi_d.zip go into \Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\DHC-2 Beaver Milviz\panel\C310_XMLGauges

We will need to include a rescripting of that element in the anticipated update to this package

Best CJ
Thx Chuck for the input.
Is it OK for P3DV4 too ?

JL from France.

Chuck Jodry

Post by Chuck Jodry » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:06 pm

Salut Jean Luc ,oui ca marche parfaitement, fully functional in all sim versions .

Best CJ

Return to “DHC-2 Beaver Support Forum”