Beaver turning (torquing) left in p3d4.1 and update question

seb
Beaver turning (torquing) left in p3d4.1 and update question

Post by seb » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:46 pm

Hello folks,

first off, when (if) there is a new build, will the MVAMS software tell me? I have not used Milviz products prior, so I am a bit unclear regarding updates.

Secondly, after I upgraded to 4.1 the Beaver is always turning left if I do not give it a considerate amount of right aileron. At first I imagined torque, however it also happens with the engine off. Did something change? I cannot remember this happening in v4. It makes flying a chore where it had been a joy and no amount of rudder trim will fix it. Understandably as it is a rolling and not a yawing motion and I have not found aileron trims on the Beaver. It is not my joystick, as it works flawlessly with other planes.

Any help appreciated

Krazycolin
Site Admin
Re: Beaver turning (torquing) left in p3d4.1 and update ques

Post by Krazycolin » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:20 pm

It’s likely that 4.1 is a bit borked. That said, please do try unplugging your stick and loading it up.

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:26 pm

seb wrote: (if) there is a new build, will the MVAMS software tell me?
For most updates, MVAMS will tell you. On the rare occasion when an update is beyond the scope of MVAMS, the new build will be available via your vendor, and also here on the support forum.

seb

Post by seb » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:28 pm

Krazycolin wrote:It’s likely that 4.1 is a bit borked. That said, please do try unplugging your stick and loading it up.
The behaviour is the same without the joystick connected. Funky thing flying with a keyboard :)

jeywhy

Post by jeywhy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:53 am

Hi there.

I found your post when looking for another regarding rudder trim.

I am using p3d3 so cannot comment on v4.

However, I have found the same torque force and tried using progressively increased amounts of Right Trim to try and balance the plane. I found that the more Right rudder trim I used the more excessive the yaw to the Left Eh?? :shock:

So I then tried using Left Rudder trim and found that the plane balanced out, no more yaw to the left. In my case when the rudder trim indicator was pointing at the "T" on the rudder trim indicator. Obviously the amount of trim needed will change with the circumstances and conditions. :roll:

That is why I was looking for the other post, to agree with that persons comment about the trim appearing to be reversed for the rudder compared to other aircraft.

Is this the norm for the DHC 2 :?:
Did the mechanics cross the wires the last time I had the plane serviced :?: ;)
Is this something the good people at MilViz need to know for future updates :?:

I don't know, but why not try reversing the intuitive rudder trim direction and see if it cures your torque turning force.

Cheers

J.

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:53 pm

Keep in mind that all 'trim tabs' work in the opposite direction from the control surface...

In other words, trimming rudder to the left will force the rudder to the right, thus counteracting the leftward yaw forces.

jeywhy

Post by jeywhy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:10 am

Jolly good, thanks for the reply.
I am off to fly. :D
Cheers, J.

Return to “DHC-2 Beaver Support Forum”