Float noise with Orbx

peteesmiff
Float noise with Orbx

Post by peteesmiff » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:23 pm

Got my straight float Beaver this morning. Took a flight along the West coast of Scotland. All was sweetness and light, using default scenery.
Thought I would try it with Orbx Scotland. Switched the scenery over and restarted.
Started floating on the calm waters with the gulls crying and the waters lapping the floats. Fired up the engine, taxied out to sea and took off. Floats were banging on the water as I got speed up. Took off and the floats were still banging away.
Tried two more times and still got the floats banging on take off and in flight.
Switched back to default scenery and all is fine again.
Other than, "Don't use Orbx," any suggestions, please.

Krazycolin
Site Admin
Re: Float noise with Orbx

Post by Krazycolin » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:30 pm

As we don’t test with orbs or any other scenery, can’t make any suggestions...

peteesmiff

Post by peteesmiff » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:35 pm

Well, the wheeled versions work just fine with Orbx, as does the amphib taking off from land. It's just the float bounce noise that seems more pronounced and gets into an annoying loop. Once clear of the water, it sounds like there's someone underneath with a hammer!
I'll avoid floats and Orbx, in real life, those waters are often too rough for seaplanes, it's really flying boat territory.

Raptor

Post by Raptor » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:31 am

The hammer... Probably engine detonation. Take care of your engine and you wont hear it

peteesmiff

Post by peteesmiff » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:36 pm

Raptor wrote:The hammer... Probably engine detonation. Take care of your engine and you wont hear it
Same location, same aircraft, same settings, with Orbx - hammer: with default scenery - no hammer.
Only occurs during and after a water takeoff.

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:39 pm

There’s really not much we can do about this. We don’t test with 3rd party scenery. If started doing that, we’d have to test with ALL of it and we a:can’t afford the cost and b: the time would be unbearable

Not sure what else to suggest except remove the sound and or lower it such that you can’t hear it...

peteesmiff

Post by peteesmiff » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:09 pm

Krazycolin wrote: If started doing that, we’d have to test with ALL of it and we a:can’t afford the cost and b: the time would be unbearable
Appreciate that, thanks anyway

Return to “DHC-2 Beaver Support Forum”