FSX Fatal Error/Restart

williamb
FSX Fatal Error/Restart

Post by williamb » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:20 am

Just purchased and installed the Beaver. Followed the recommends in "This Fixes Most Problems" except do not have/could find "libraries.msi". When the sim is run with the amphib Beaver it stops halfway through loading scenery and restarts. When the sim is run with wheeled Beaver the A/C is loaded and can be flown, however on closing the Sim does not close but restarts. UnInstalled and reinstalled insuring I followed the recommendations. The result on running the Beaver was the same. I searched the forum but could not find my problem. Would appreciate any help you could provide

Williamb

My operating systems is Windows 7 64 Home Premium
FSX sp2 with acceleration
AMD HD 7950 3GB Ram DirectX 9 compliant
Three monitor eyefinity setup
8GB system memory
i5-4690K CPU 3.50GHz
Samsung SSD 850 1TB

williamb
Re: FSX Fatal Error/Restart

Post by williamb » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:14 am

Additional information. I tried several other actions to see if the Beaver would load into FSX. First I checked the redistributables and added 2015 which was missing. When loading the amphib. beaver, the Sim restarts during the autogeneration of scenery. So I reduced the amount of orbx scenery thinking memory could be problem. After making these changes the amphib. beaver still caused the Sim to restart. The wheeled beaver still caused the Sim to restart on closing. I would very much like to be able to have this aircraft work in my sim. Any thoughts would be helpful.

WilliamB

Raptor

Post by Raptor » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:33 am

Have you tried starting outside Orbx scenery?

Also, Can you see if you get an error in Event Viewer? If you do, post it here

williamb

Post by williamb » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:51 am

Sergio,

I started FSX and unchecked all orbx scenery products including Pilots terrain meshes. I selected the amphib. beaver and the Sim restarted as soon as the scenery loading line began. The wheeled beaver loaded and flew but on ending the flight the Sim restarted (the same behavior as before). I don't know what is loaded when an aircraft is selected but loading the amphib beaver conflicts with something in FSX. The wheeled beaver loads but something conflicts with the Sim on closing. It seems odd that the amphib beaver and wheeled beaver would cause the same error but at different times. One at least loads. Other aircraft loaded and all aspects of Sim were normal in the above configuration.

I am not familiar with the event log. Found it in the administrative tools. Loaded event log documentation but any advise on how to set it up to get at FSX events would be helpful.

Thanks for responding to my post.

WilliamB

williamb

Post by williamb » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:42 pm

The problem is fixed. I went back to square one. I uninstalled the aircraft and deleted the Milviz zip file from my hard drive. I redownloaded the Milviz zip file from FSPilotShop. I unzipped the file and Installed the beaver from the new execute file. Turned out the original zip file and execute file were corrupted and that caused the problem. Both the amphib and wheeled beaver now work well in FSX and cause no errors. I look forward to enjoying flying the Milviz Beaver.

WilliamB

Raptor

Post by Raptor » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:08 am

Awesome! Glad is working!

Return to “DHC-2 Beaver Support Forum”