Night Lighting, need assistance

scott
Re: Night Lighting, need assistance

Post by scott » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:41 pm

Screenshot (8).png
Screenshot (8).png (2.97 MiB) Viewed 813 times
Just so you don't think I'm a complete goof. I blew the cobb webs off the old sim FSX-SE.
No worries with Nightlighting. The bad news is ...I don't use this sim.
Scott

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:07 pm

No I don't think you are a complete goof. Truth be told my frustration level is rising at the delays of switching to RealLight instead of this clunky system that was great in its day but now is more trouble than it is worth. I'm thinking a switch to RealLight is going to be the only thing we can do to fix your trouble.

scott

Post by scott » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:45 pm

I deeply respect your candor, thank you. Do you have a time frame as to when the switch to a more modern system may occur?

My reasoning behind purchasing this aircraft was to enjoy "low and slow" over my Orbx Alaska down to PNW collection. I wanted an amphibian mainly. Having a tundra option plus my Flight1 tools embedded …extra bonus for me.

However, not having instrument lights is a deal breaker, and more to the point …I'm a retired engineer, having stuff not working when it should drives me loony tunes. So …if there is no resolve on the near horizon I'll park this bird and seek out another. I'll pay attention and hope for a resolve so I can start using her. She really is a fantastic model. It is easy to see by the in cockpit pictures above why the instrument lighting is important in the day light.

She does have other small issues manifesting the same on both sims but …not today. Please keep me advised on any progress towards this lighting issue.
Thank you once again. You and CJ have been amazing.
Scott

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:57 pm

Its driving me scatty as well :) . There is a reason my sig calls me the resident PITA perfectionist. Unfortunately I am tied up on other projects so I can't spend time updating this. I think once we have the service pack for the KA350i out we will be able to look at this.

scott

Post by scott » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:02 pm

No worries, I'm a patient soul.
Married 46 years
3 daughters
6 granddaughters

I've no option. :)
I'll look forward to the fix.
Cheers.
s2

Return to “DHC-2 Beaver Support Forum”