Beaver filler compartment access

Danflo
Beaver filler compartment access

Post by Danflo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:21 am

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and enchanted by this wonderful Beaver ...

The plane is so detailed that curiosity pushed me even further and I discovered a texture file "Beaver_ext_gasAddon.dds" which seems dedicated to the filler compartment (the 3 filler necks of the fuel tanks).
Does anyone know how to access this compartment and if there is a dedicated animation for the hinged door on the forward left-hand side of
the fuselage, adjacent to the cockpit door?

And I have a second question about the files "air": is it normal that each file "air" contains 3 times the "Record: 0451 Cl_beta - Dihedral effect vs. AoA" with 3 times different values? or perhaps it is a mistake ... and in this case the flightdynamic is it influenced?

So if someone can provide answers ..

Krazycolin
Site Admin
Re: Beaver filler compartment access

Post by Krazycolin » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:27 am

The filler door should, as I understand it, open when your near a fueling area. The repeats are to be ignored.

Danflo

Post by Danflo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:40 pm

Thank you for this suggestion, but no. By approaching a fuel trigger the door remains closed under all circumstances.
However if Milviz has provided a texture, I suppose it is not to color an invisible part. I must have missed something ...
But that's not important. Only one precision.

Simdad

Post by Simdad » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:54 am

Hey Colin, how about asking the developers how to open the fuel panel.
It was clearly displayed in the WIP shots: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5652
Attachments
Beaver Fuel Panel open.jpg
Beaver Fuel Panel open.jpg (272.67 KiB) Viewed 363 times

Chuck Jodry

Post by Chuck Jodry » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:20 pm

The filler door does not open in sim , until its possible to have animated ramp agents to fill the tanks I don't animate these . In the 64 bit platform there is enough "poly overhead" to allow this and its time will come but for the moment compatibility limits the model size .

Best CJ

Return to “DHC-2 Beaver Support Forum”