Hide cyclic

scros
Hide cyclic

Post by scros » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:55 am

Hi,

I purchased UH-1 model for P3D.
I wonder if there is any way to hide/remove flight controls (cyclic and collective) from the models. I’m using real flight controls with touchscreens and the flight controls obstruct the instrument panels particularly on pilot side.
Even better, is there a way to enable/disable the cyclic and collective with a LUA script?

Thanks

Dutch
Re: Hide cyclic

Post by Dutch » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:04 am

scros wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:55 am
Hi,

I purchased UH-1 model for P3D.
I wonder if there is any way to hide/remove flight controls (cyclic and collective) from the models. I’m using real flight controls with touchscreens and the flight controls obstruct the instrument panels particularly on pilot side.
Even better, is there a way to enable/disable the cyclic and collective with a LUA script?

Thanks
Sounds like you have an awesome setup.

There is no option to hide the cyclic stick or collective on the UH-1. I'm not sure what is being obscured. From the default eyepoint that I fly with the cyclic doesn't cover up anything and the collective only covers a part of the right-hand column of warning lights, and only then at maximum collective which is rare to ever use.

Maybe I'm not completely understanding your problem.

Dutch

scros

Post by scros » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:27 am

Hello Dutch,

Thanks for your quick reply.
Yes this is a huge setup. I build simulators using 4 or 5 32" touchscreens for helicopters, up to 8 touchscreens for airplanes. They are made for non flying crew training or basic procedures. The flight model is not realistic, we focus on the custom systems integration for our customer (UAE army).
Of course you understood my problem: I want to hide the flight controls, and it is not possible... :(
I think this is due to the display of the cockpit at scale 1:1 with my configuration. I have to modify the views, and the cyclic comes in the middle.
Here is a picture so you can understand what I mean.

Usually we develop our own cockpit, but for the next exhibition we would like to connect two simulators with one shooting the other. Your UH-1 seems to be the only one to support easily (no personal mod needed) the TACPACK.

Sylvain
Attachments
IMG_20180411_091247.jpg
IMG_20180411_091247.jpg (363.95 KiB) Viewed 967 times

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:31 am

Hi. It sounds like you’re using the software for commercial purposes and, likely, reselling them as well. This would be out of Eula. Please contact Oisin at milviz dot com and he will get you information on a commercial license.

If this isn’t the case, please advise.

scros

Post by scros » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:07 pm

No this is not for commercial use only to demonstrate capabilities of our simulators with different models.
All the demonstration is in a private setting, we develop our own models for sells

Dutch

Post by Dutch » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:28 pm

Yes I see your intent - move the sim's eyepoint down to directly in front of the instrument panel because from the perspective of your setup the "eyepoint" is where ever the human is seeing it from in front of your screen.

We didn't anticipate this usage and saw no need to hide the stick so we didn't include that feature. Sorry. Have you tried advancing it to in front of the stick? That probably cuts off things around the edges - but you can manipulate the sim's focal distance with the +/- keys to perhaps get it to be what you want.
scros wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:27 am
Hello Dutch,

Thanks for your quick reply.
Yes this is a huge setup. I build simulators using 4 or 5 32" touchscreens for helicopters, up to 8 touchscreens for airplanes. They are made for non flying crew training or basic procedures. The flight model is not realistic, we focus on the custom systems integration for our customer (UAE army).
Of course you understood my problem: I want to hide the flight controls, and it is not possible... :(
I think this is due to the display of the cockpit at scale 1:1 with my configuration. I have to modify the views, and the cyclic comes in the middle.
Here is a picture so you can understand what I mean.

Usually we develop our own cockpit, but for the next exhibition we would like to connect two simulators with one shooting the other. Your UH-1 seems to be the only one to support easily (no personal mod needed) the TACPACK.

Sylvain

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:52 am

Sorry but we’re not dong a fix for this.

Moving on.

Return to “UH1 Redux Support Forum”