Uh1 Night Lighting Problem

chalk6
Uh1 Night Lighting Problem

Post by chalk6 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:43 pm

Everything worked fine except instrument lighting. Tried to run Night Lighting install app found in uh1c/h folders but get error d3dx10_43.dll not found, followed by D3DCompiler_43.dll not found. After several uninstalls/re-installs (as adm.), no success.
Also installed dxwebsetup thinking that would pickup the missing dlls but now get persistent error message-failed to create render target and target views. Any help greatly appreciated. I'm an old guy trying a new thing so please make it simple.

Great work on modeling the Huey. Our Charlie models did not have the hoist and bump housing so that looks a bit strange. Given the weight of armament, fuel, crew, etc. a hoist wouldn't have been very useful unless a bunch of stuff was jettisoned.

doodlebug
Re: Uh1 Night Lighting Problem

Post by doodlebug » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:49 pm

Nightlighting problems are often associated with insufficient permissions.
Are you running as admin? Did you dl and install with AV off?

Nightlighting should run automatically.

chalk6

Post by chalk6 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:45 pm

Yes, uninstalled and re-installed again as adm with virus app off, user account settings set lowest
wonder if the missing dlls are the issue? doesn't seen to be a clear way to uninstall dxwebsetup-maybe i shouldn't be messing with that

Dutch

Post by Dutch » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:15 am

What's your Windows version and what's your sim version? P3Dv4 is a very different animal from the others.

That said, nothing special should need to be done on your part for the NL to just work.

Dutch

chalk6

Post by chalk6 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:52 am

Running FSX gold edition with acceleration pack on Windows 10 64 bit. No P3dv4. Should mention that i recently uninstalled FSX from my small primary SSD and re-installed FSX on my 2nd HD. Huey ran well except no instrument lights. Wondering if installing dxwebsetup screwed up something since started to get the dll errors. Have to repeatedly close the error messages about 5 or 6 times before it clears and Huey can fly. Do you think another fresh install of FSX is in order? I sure don't want to so that.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:16 am

https://www.microsoft.com/en-za/downloa ... px?id=8109

Download and let it unpack to a temporary folder of your choice. Then go to that folder and run the dxsetup.exe and see if that resolves the problem.

Return to “UH1 Redux Support Forum”