landing / search lights lit only when looking down

Tozzifan
landing / search lights lit only when looking down

Post by Tozzifan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:00 pm

:o

Hello,
although I've been using the Huey for a while, it was mostly in daylight, and I did not notice so far that search and landing lights illuminate the ground only when looking down, either when using TrackIR5 or keys (EZdok latest beta); it happens also when disabling both of them

I could not find any answer in the manual or the forum

thanks for help

Dutch
Re: landing / search lights lit only when looking down

Post by Dutch » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:56 pm

Tozzifan wrote::o

Hello,
although I've been using the Huey for a while, it was mostly in daylight, and I did not notice so far that search and landing lights illuminate the ground only when looking down, either when using TrackIR5 or keys (EZdok latest beta); it happens also when disabling both of them

I could not find any answer in the manual or the forum

thanks for help
I'm not exactly clear what you're saying. Do you mean that when the switch is in the "FWD" position no light is seen, or that it is seen but it points down and not forward?

Both settings should illuminate the ground below the helicopter, the "FWD" position just cocks the light somewhat forward so you should be able to see it lighting up the ground in front of you. It does do that for me on P3Dv4. It doesn't even come close to pointing straight out like a fixed-wing does. The 'DOWN' setting lights up the ground right below you and is only useful when descending straight down.

Dutch

Tozzifan

Post by Tozzifan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:13 pm

I'm sorry for not letting me understand correctly

I am aware that the landing light can be toggled forward, yet my issue is different:

when I am looking forward (as the pilot), through my point of view, the landing light is not visible
only when I turn my head down, the ground below becomes lit, regardless of the switch position

the problem about that, more than aesthetic, is that at night, when looking forward and flying nap or the earth, a decisive point of reference is missing, unless keeping the head turned below the horizon line

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:23 pm

That might be more of a bug in the way LM handles dynamic lighting than in the model.

Tozzifan

Post by Tozzifan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:28 pm

ok, thanks

Return to “UH1 Redux Support Forum”