Engine instruments not working [resolved]

Tom669
Engine instruments not working [resolved]

Post by Tom669 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:58 pm

Dear Milviz Team,
i have troubles with my recently purchased Huey REDUX. The entire engine instrumentation, center console and overhead panel is not working. I have to admit that I did not install correctly at first and did not install as admin. Did an Un-install. Re-downloaded with no anti virus, installed as admin, set aircraft state to cold and dark in MAMS and started FS as admin. Huey was ready to fly, engine-on, with no engine indicators working. Flight instruments are ok. Switches are all clickable with respective click sound but do not do anything. Standard keyboard commands are accepted including CNTL E for engine start. Engine instruments and Radios are dead. (no electrical power ?)
My system is FSX 10.0.61637.0 with Acceleration on W7 Home Premium 64 Bit reported as Build 7600 (OS 6.1), I7-870, NvidiaGTX750 2G, and 8GB RAM. C++2008 SP1 and .net 3.5.1 installed.
No additional tools, no tweaks. Sim Connect 10.0.61259.0
Hope it is something minor as all my A2A, PMDG´s and Milvizes, 737, MD530, F-86.. are running perfectly.

Danflo
Re: Engine instruments not working

Post by Danflo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:12 pm

Hello Tom 669,
I read your message and I see that it describes exactly what also happens to me.
After 3 re-installation, no changes ...

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance for help

Daniel

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:20 pm

Have you checked through the tips in this post: How to fix most problems?
especially the point about redistributables.

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:33 pm

Have a look at this topic: viewtopic.php?f=133&t=8297&hilit=simconnect#p71686
Let us know if this helps.

Danflo

Post by Danflo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:13 pm

After a few hours, here is the report:
Everything remakes again: re-install according to the guidelines (antivirus off, Admin,etc), redistributable ok, simconnect (the three!) reinstalled in my sdk, but still gauges dead on the Huey. Buttons move and make sound, but no more. The Eng. needles are inert at zero position. However the flight is possible with the basic fsx keys. But as the default bell 206 !!!
It seems clear that it is the "UH1_SYSTEM.dll" that do not respond.

I also tried to reset the fsx.config file, and the default flight.
By dint of tinkering I'm afraid of wrecking everything in fsx to make this damn zinc fly. At the moment I regret my purchase.

Currently my question is: why all others work (Aerosoft, MP design, Cerasim, Nemeth ...) but not it?

What is the particular function contained in this helicopter that can make it imcompatible with some configuration of fsx?
I have FSX + Acceleration pack on Windows 7 pro.
Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Mem. 16.0 Go
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

Thank you for helping me. Much appreciated.

Dutch

Post by Dutch » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:55 am

Well we can be pretty sure that the UH1_SYSTEM.dll isn't being executed. The question is why.

I have a theory that might be right or not. You can help test it.

Please download the ZIP at this link: http://fscaptain.net/downloads/UH1_SYSTEM.zip

Inside the zip is a replacement UH1_SYSTEM.dll. Please rename the one in your Huey folder, and place this new one there. Then see if the gauges and the startup work.

Let me know. This will confirm or dismiss the theory. And it might get you going.

Dutch

Danflo

Post by Danflo » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:46 am

YESSSSSSSSSS !!! it works!
I first deleted the old UH1_system.dll in fsx config, then replaced (in the panel folder) with your new file, and everything works perfectly now.
Your theory is very good.
Thank you for your help, I think it will be useful also for several other people.

Thanks again. Milviz really offers fast and efficient support.

Daniel

Tom669

Post by Tom669 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:06 pm

It does not work for me. After almost one month of troubleshooting, re-installalation, learning about sdk and
simconnect, i am frustrated. This is the one and only add-on which doesnt work properly. Is it possible to start the system.dll ina different way ?

Dutch wrote:Well we can be pretty sure that the UH1_SYSTEM.dll isn't being executed. The question is why.

I have a theory that might be right or not. You can help test it.

Please download the ZIP at this link: http://fscaptain.net/downloads/UH1_SYSTEM.zip

Inside the zip is a replacement UH1_SYSTEM.dll. Please rename the one in your Huey folder, and place this new one there. Then see if the gauges and the startup work.

Let me know. This will confirm or dismiss the theory. And it might get you going.

Dutch

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:06 pm

Can you itemise the troubleshooting steps you have taken so we can pinpoint the trouble?
  1. Are you running the correct software for your simulation? This can be verified on your aircraft's product page: Our Products
    For users of LM Prepar3d, this is especially important; our aircraft require the latest releases of the P3D versions.
  2. Did you disable your anti-virus BEFORE downloading and installing?
  3. Have you made sure that the FSX/P3D directory is off limits to any AV scanning?
  4. Did you disable UAC?
    Control Panel->User Accounts->Change User Account Control Settings and move the bar all the way to the bottom.
  5. Did you Install AND run sim as admin?
    (Right click on the sim exe and select Properties->Compatibility->Run this program as administrator)
  6. Is your video card needs to be DX11 compatible with access to the correct DX libraries?
  7. If you are using an FSX migration tool (like Estonia) did you disabled it before running the sim?
  8. Are you using an aircraft other than a Milviz aircraft as the default aircraft?
  9. Have you checked that you have the appropriate SimConnect libraries installed by running the SimConnect.msi found in your P3D\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib.
  10. Do you have the necessary C++ redistributables installed see here: List of latest versions & required microsoft redistributables
thank you.

Tom669

Post by Tom669 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:19 pm

Finally, systems are up and running (even with the original dll). Suspect missing sp3 of c++2015. Thank you very much and best regards. Thomas

Return to “UH1 Redux Support Forum”