F1 GTN 750

michael.scott
F1 GTN 750

Post by michael.scott » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:00 pm

Hello to the Milviz support team and all others,

first let me say I have no issues with the P3Dv4.4 version of the UH1 Redux and I'm very happy with the product /performance.

I've also read the announcement and know the F1 products/integration have caused many support related problems for Milviz.
Therefore, I'll ask my question but I am quite happy without a resolution or using the F1 GTN 750/650 within the UH1 .

Question:
When integrating the F1 GTN into the UH1 for P3Dv4.4, the GTN will start up ok but will freeze anywhere from 10 to 40 seconds later. The 2D pop up will still show the frozen page, but the console screen will go black.
I've attempted to fix this by:
Uninstall / Reinstall both products - ensuring anti virus off during download / install
Excluding the products within my anti virus / firewall
Ensuring both products are up to date
Ensuring the redistributable C++ are up to date
Installing the F1 GTN outside program files or my C: (Flight sim is also installed on separate drive)
Trying multiple set up options within the F1 config and MVAMS config

I am unable to reproduce this freezing issue in other products such as A2A C172 or Caranado PC12 (no disrespect here mentioning other company products) I only wanted to mention this in hopes of finding a faster solution. Again very happy with my UH1 product; unfortunately I do not own any other Milviz product with GTN integration for me to compare with.

Further computer information can be provided if requested, but I don't want to waste anyone's time here. Hoping this is a situation someone has seen before with a quick resolution.

Thank you in advance for your time ready this and/or any advice provided !

Cheers and have a great day,

Mike Scott

JonathanBleeker
Re: F1 GTN 750

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:00 pm

Sometimes I have noticed multiple GTN simulator process instances in the task manager\Details list (or processes list if you are on Win7). Clearing those out, then restarting the sim cleared things up.

Return to “UH1 Redux Support Forum”