Flight Controls have little to no effect after rotation

Alvaro
Re: Flight Controls have little to no effect after rotation

Post by Alvaro » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:15 pm

Do you trim for take off? (T/O button pushed until Green light ON).

Also what happens if you delay the flaps retraction to 240 kcas?

Once airborne -IF correctly T/O trimmed- the aircraft should fly "hands off" upon flaps retraction. Also, if max power still applied a moderate pitchup and vertical speed increase should follow. Definitely, not a stall.

p24fly

Post by p24fly » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:04 pm

Yes I trim for takeoff. If I delay the flaps, the aircraft still buffets and rocks. If I try to fly the aircraft "hands off" with a correct trim, the aircraft will roll and if I try to correct the roll, it rolls dramatically to the other direction. This happens on final approach as well and results in the aircraft crashing. I know what the aircraft should be doing but the program is behaving completely different. I definitely don't think this program is worth $60 since it has so many problems right after download.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:06 pm

Your problems are unique, since many users don’t see this. That’s why we are trying to figure out what’s different on your system. What are your control axis sensitivities and null zones set to? Also what joystick are you using?

endl3ss

Post by endl3ss » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:23 pm

I had similar issues in the past (just figured the aircraft was hard to fly for a long time :oops: ), and fixed it by going into Active Sky options->Wind Options (and Effects) and reducing Turbulence Effects Scale to 50 %, as well as unticking Enhanced Turbulence.
If you're not using Active Sky, then I've got nothing....
Also, with regards to take-off trim, for me I have to scroll mouse-wheel (middle wheel/button) over the cockpit TTO-button. Clicking it doesn't do the job.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:31 pm

Press and hold

endl3ss

Post by endl3ss » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:50 pm

I know that is how it's supposed to be, but for some reason it has never worked for me. Clicking, click and holding...
But putting the marker over the button and giving it a quick 1-2 click scroll makes the TTO automatically set up.
Dunno why, but I don't mind. It works :)

Return to “Northrop T-38A Advanced Support Forum”