NWS problem

lancer27
NWS problem

Post by lancer27 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:36 pm

Hi, I am having trouble with the Nose Wheel Steering on the aircraft (I have version 3.160305) I have read the manual which says that NWS is operated by using the extend tail hook key command. My tail hook key command which the FSX Acceleration expansion pack manual says is : Shift+Q , for some reason does not work. I have tested the key command on my Naval aircraft to find that it does not work on them either. I have to manually use the lower tail hook lever inside the cockpit to lower their tail hooks. Does anyone know how to fix the lower the tail hook key board command so that the tail hooks can work so I can steer the T-38? Or know of a different key command that can be used to lower the tail hook so I can steer the T-38? Any and all help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Alvaro
Re: NWS problem

Post by Alvaro » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:01 pm

Hi,

Try to map the toggle tailhook command to another key. Go to fsx options and search for tailhook system commands. Point the toggle tailhook command to a single key, N or T for example (or a joystick button).

It should work.

Álvaro

PS: note that under certain circumstances (ie afterburner) the NWS will be disabled.

lancer27

Post by lancer27 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:04 pm

Hi, I tried the suggestion you said and....Great success!!! I can now steer the aircraft around and taxi. I would like to thank you very much for all your help.

Alvaro

Post by Alvaro » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:11 pm

Glad to hear it worked.

Enjoy it! ;)

Álvaro

Return to “Northrop T-38A Advanced Support Forum”