Startup Problems FSX [Resolved]

keithmt
Startup Problems FSX [Resolved]

Post by keithmt » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:28 am

The start sequence outlined in the YouTube vid for T38 advanced is not working for me - the left and right generator annunciators are always highlit with the following set: Batteries ON, fuel pumps ON, generators ON, outside cart ATTACHED, throttle to IDLE. None of the gauges move on hitting the LEFT start button. Some engine life but it then quickly dies. FSX steam, frame rates max, i7, W10, Now CNTRL + e is unreliable as well, worked once or twice. Any ideas! Thank you.

Alvaro
Re: Startup Problems FSX

Post by Alvaro » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:52 am

Make sure the throttle is in idle and not in off position (it should move)

Also make sure the fuel tanks are not empty. Sometimes they're emptied in saved flights or aircraft reload.

keithmt

Post by keithmt » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:15 am

Update - I have noticed that the generator switches on the right console only have 2 postions available in the Virtual cockpit - reset and off (down and middle). So I am unable to set the generators to ON. Looks like a bug.

Using Cntrl +E makes no difference to the swithch position - but Cntrl +E does start the engines.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:32 am

Right click on the generators or close the guards?

keithmt

Post by keithmt » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:52 am

Right clicking does nothing at all on this pc, while left clicking the guards from open to closed flips the switch to the mid-position (ie "off") as before. Cannot get the "3rd" position on the switch at all. Obviously a trivial modelling issue if it were not for the problem that the generator annunciators stay lit up after I try the start buttons, then the start fails.

Note that when I use Cntrl + e , the start routine ignores the generator problem altogether and lights up both engines (starting with the left). At some point the generator annunciators are extinguished.

keithmt

Post by keithmt » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:07 am

Finally got it. Always read the instructions.
Iin this case switch the ground cart ON under shift/2 , actually clicking the start btn. problem solved.

Return to “Northrop T-38A Advanced Support Forum”