Engine start help

deimos256
Engine start help

Post by deimos256 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:22 am

I'm sure I'm just missing something here but I cannot get the engines to turn over. I follow the quick start and when I hold the energize button I can hear the inertia starter begin to spool up but it starts to die down rather quickly. Even if I try to engage at this point nothing happens. The quick start guide says there a hand crank but I don't see it and also no option for external power. Hopefully someone here has some insight as to what I'm missing. Thanks!

Chuck Jodry
Re: Engine start help

Post by Chuck Jodry » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:10 pm

Hello , The starter sequence requires you use both switches and right and left mouse clicks , clicking left switches up and right mouse clicks switches down , Left Switch is the inertial starter for Both L&R engine , Right Switch is the Engage contact to spin the engine for both engines.

After having set mixture to rich and making sure the battery is on

Left click on the left start switch and then immediately Left click on the right engage switch

Right mouse button click Left start switch then immediately after Right mouse button click the right engage switch.

Hope this helps

Best CJ

deimos256
Re: Engine start help

Post by deimos256 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:21 pm

Thanks for getting back to me, unfortunately that didn't seem to help. I still get the sound of a starter spinning up and dying and it just repeats over and over. In the event that I was missing a switch somewhere, I started the plane with ctrl-e, then pulled mixtures to kill the engines, and tried starting them again with no luck.

Return to “Lockheed P-38L Support Forum”