VR Oculus Rift Issues With P38

Wo1fHound
VR Oculus Rift Issues With P38

Post by Wo1fHound » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:32 pm

Hello,I'm new to this forum hopefully I'm posting this in the right place.

Following Kat's Ckecklist:

- your system OS:
-Win 10 64bit
-I7 5960x
-Asus Rampage V Extr
-Corsair Dominator DDR4/2800
-Nvidia MSI-1080x
-Samsung M.2 950

- your sim platform and version number:
-FSX & Accelleration Gold Edition, DVD install
-FSUIPC4 (to stop Fatal Errors)
-HIGHMEMFIX update in cfg file

-any 3rd party hardware or software in use
-Oculus Rift CV1
-Flyinside App 1.6
-ORBX/FTX Global, Vector, Global LC NA, PNW, Fiords, Central Rockies, Northern Rockies, Anacortes, Orca Island, Friday Harbor, Bella Coola, Squamish
-CYYJ 2014

-any error reports (Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Event Viewer->Windows Logs->Application):
-Alot of Oculus Rift Errors - apparantly normal and a known issue
-Fatal Errors D3d.dll are now very rare

Ok, here we go:

My issue is with my newly purchased MILVIZ P38 in VR. All my other planes are fine at approx 45/90 FPS with the same scenario of sitting still on the CYYJ runway (including the Aerosoft F-16, Canardo(?) Phenom, and MILVIZ Baron B55).
The task manager shows them at approx 2300MB Memory use (T.M. not very Accurate gauge though)
With some trouble shooting with the P38 (install x201 low-res) here's a situation I can reproduce almost every time.

-I load the saved flight (P38 - CYYJ sitting on runway) it starts smooth for 2-3 seconds... Task manager goes to 3000MB Memory use... and goes to 7FPS with alot of tearing
-If I restart FSX from scratch and load the free Red Bull version of the saved Flight (same as above) and hit escape as soon as it starts... end flight but not close FSX... now load the first (P38 - CYYJ sitting on runway) it then runs fine at 45/90FPS (???) Task Manager shows 2400MB Memory use.
-I can then take off normally with solid FPS.
-The plane flies without issue for approx 5 minutes until I get the "Out of Memory" notice. Task Managed shows 2900-3100MB Memory use. Always as I get part Victoria on my way to Seattle.

Compared to the Aerosoft F16 where just last night I took off from CYYJ, flew down to Seattle fro a couple of loops over the city, continues on to loop arround Mt-Ranier, then back to land at Seattle without any issue whatsoever (even parked and opened the canopy).

I'm not sure if this is too little or too much info, but I have a strange issue with the P38.

Note: The P38 worked fine when I tried it in regular Triple Screen.

Krazycolin
Site Admin
Re: VR Oculus Rift Issues With P38

Post by Krazycolin » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:41 pm

Hi,

Sorry but the VR stuff just isn't supported. If it works without it...that'll have to do. Sorry

Wo1fHound
Re: VR Oculus Rift Issues With P38

Post by Wo1fHound » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:57 pm

Understood,

Return to “Lockheed P-38L Support Forum”