Cannot Get 'force trim button' working.

Nigel-H
Cannot Get 'force trim button' working.

Post by Nigel-H » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:32 pm

Hi all,
Just installed the latest MD530 Latest build (fixes elevator trim) 180709 but I cannot get the force trim to work. I have followed Dutch's instructions but it won't work.
I have a HOTAS THRUSTMASTER joystick and have assigned joystick button 2 to the force trim switch in ACM (assigned OK). I also have FSUIPC running and have unassigned any functions for button 2 for the MD530. I have done the same in FSX controls for button 2.

I have reinstalled this build several times but the Force trim will not work (yes I have the two switches mentioned up).

I am running FSX in Windows 10 and the MD530 works OK otherwise. The MVAMS/Controls.ini file contains:
[Controls]
device=0
button=1
I have noticed that in FSUIPC joystick control buttons start at 0 therefore will joystick button 2 will appear to be button 1 in MVAMS?

Please has anyone some suggestions to get this working or any other way of assigning the force trim button.

JonathanBleeker
Re: Cannot Get 'force trim button' working.

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:14 pm

That is correct. Is your FSX set to run as admin? Do other states set in the AMS correlate with the sim on startup?

Dutch

Post by Dutch » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:21 pm

Do the regular trim buttons work also, or no? That is elevation and aileron trim. You should see the effects of using these clearly when you press those buttons.
Nigel-H wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:32 pm
Hi all,
Just installed the latest MD530 Latest build (fixes elevator trim) 180709 but I cannot get the force trim to work. I have followed Dutch's instructions but it won't work.
I have a HOTAS THRUSTMASTER joystick and have assigned joystick button 2 to the force trim switch in ACM (assigned OK). I also have FSUIPC running and have unassigned any functions for button 2 for the MD530. I have done the same in FSX controls for button 2.

I have reinstalled this build several times but the Force trim will not work (yes I have the two switches mentioned up).

I am running FSX in Windows 10 and the MD530 works OK otherwise. The MVAMS/Controls.ini file contains:
[Controls]
device=0
button=1
I have noticed that in FSUIPC joystick control buttons start at 0 therefore will joystick button 2 will appear to be button 1 in MVAMS?

Please has anyone some suggestions to get this working or any other way of assigning the force trim button.

Nigel-H

Post by Nigel-H » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:05 pm

Hi Dutch,

No the regular trim switches do not work either, just tested again, FSX with and without running in admin rights. The previous version the trim switches worked OK.

Dutch

Post by Dutch » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:42 pm

Okay that helps us to narrow it down some. I need to do some testing in FSX and may have more questions for you shortly.
Nigel-H wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:05 pm
Hi Dutch,

No the regular trim switches do not work either, just tested again, FSX with and without running in admin rights. The previous version the trim switches worked OK.

Nigel-H

Post by Nigel-H » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:00 pm

Hi Dutch,

OK, I will try to check back on this thread more regularly but sometimes it's difficult t get on-line.

Nigel-H

Post by Nigel-H » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:30 am

Hi Dutch,

Any progress??

Dutch

Post by Dutch » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:19 pm

Unfortunately I haven't been able to reproduce your problem with the force trim. I tried assigning different buttons in FSX and all worked.

The only oddity I noticed is that sometime during testing it seemed to stop working and I thought I had it. But I went and checked the AMS and somehow it the force trim assignment had been reset to unmapped. This only happened once and I haven't seen it again. Check that, and also try some difference assignments. Try a keyboard assignment if you haven't already. If that works but the joystick won't, it's some kind of local controls issue.

Dutch

Nigel-H wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:30 am
Hi Dutch,

Any progress??

waichou

Post by waichou » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:36 pm

Hi, i have a similar problem with the force trim button. Is it possible to set a keybord entry for the trim ? It seems impossible for me, only joystick button works. The problem is I use FSUIPC and desactivate the joystick in P3D (everything is mapped with FSUIPC) so the button doesn't work. I checked with enable the joystick and it work, but not satisfying for me because i make trouble with FSUIPC. Is there a way to add a keybord entry instead of joystick ? (like the UH-1 for exemple)
Thanks !

Nigel-H

Post by Nigel-H » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:14 pm

Hi Dutch,

Can't get AMS to accept a keyboard assignment, see attached MVAMS_1.JPG. AMS WILL accept joystick assignments but not keyboard assignments. If I press clear then save buttons the joystick assignment changes to UNMAPPED, but then I still cannot assign a key, the box remains blank. I can only assign a joystick button (MVAMS_2.JPG).
The C:\Users\......l\AppData\Local\MVAMS\Configurations\MD530\Controls.ini file contains:
[Controls]
device=0
button=0

Is there any way to assign this function using FSUIPC please?
Attachments
MVAMS_1.JPG
MVAMS_1.JPG (81.58 KiB) Viewed 1131 times

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:56 pm

I believe it only supports joystick input. I don't recall setting it up for keyboard.

Dutch

Post by Dutch » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:46 pm

Correct, I was wrong in assuming keyboard would work. Just tested it.
JonathanBleeker wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:56 pm
I believe it only supports joystick input. I don't recall setting it up for keyboard.

Nigel-H

Post by Nigel-H » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:17 pm

Hi Dutch,

I appreciate the keyboard input does not work but I feel the 'Assign a Key' form is misleading. Are you going to implement this keyboard input? Is there any way to use FSUIPC to assign the pitch trim assignment? Is there any progress on my original problem?

I have found out the trims do work if the pitch trim switches are in the off position, but when they are on the trims do not work.

BTW after my last reinstall the start procedure as per video will not work any more, it was working fine. When I try to start the N2 get to 40%, N1 gets to 30, TOT < redline, then the engine dies and N1, N2 & TOT return to zero. I will try to reinstall again.

HappySimming

Post by HappySimming » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:14 am

Hi!

My Force Trim is not working.

I set Force Trim to my joystick button in MVAMS MD530F, i clicked save, i clicked on save defaults, then i loaded up the simulator, turned on OVSPD TEST and FAULT TEST, i flew around, then i pressed my joystick button to activate Force Trim and nothing happened.

I tried to set force trim in mvams to different buttons, also tried different controllers, still no luck.

So the only way to ease on the controls for now is to turn off OVSPD TEST and FAULT TEST and use the default trim functions in p3d or fsuipc.

Using the latest build MV_MD530_vA1.180709.

Please help!

Thanks in advance

Update:

Problem got fixed by changing the device number from 0 to 1 in the MVAMS\Configurations\MD530\Controls.ini.
MVAMS was setting the device to 0, FSUIPC displayed my joystick as device 1.

I also set the control input source in P3Dv4.4 to Direct Input from Raw Input,

P3Dv4.4->Options->Controls->Other->
at the top there is "INPUT METHOD",
change "Raw Input" to "DirectInput",
click on "Ok",

then restart P3D.

Thank you @J.B. for the help.
You rock!
Last edited by HappySimming on Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:38 pm, edited 8 times in total.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:50 pm

Are you using P3D v4?
If so, make sure your control input source is DirectInput not RawInput (see settings->Controls->Other)

Return to “MD530 Support Forum”