A new Start problem on the 530

bobsk8
A new Start problem on the 530

Post by bobsk8 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:53 pm

I flew the 530 on hundreds of flights, but have been away from it for a bit over a year. Decided to get back to some Heli flying and quickly discovered that I cannot start the 530 from cold and dark. I have the start macro which engages the start button, and that works. I set everything exactly according to instructions as I did in the past, switches, fuel, throttle to min, etc. I am using P3D version 3.4 and windows 10. Ready to fly works perfectly.

Now, when i hit the starter button either with mouse or the macro, there is no sound, and no spool up. No click sound, Nothing!!!!! It as if there is no starter in the 530. I tried moving the throttle around,, while keeping button depressed, and still nothing.

I downloaded the 530 yesterday from Just Flight where I bought it, AV turned off, uninstalled the 530 and installed new download. Exactly the same thing, no start sound or action. Launched P3D and used default Mooney aircraft with engine running, launch 530. Nothing.... I spent about 5 hours trying to find a solution to this yesterday, and finally gave up. Anyone have any ideas. Everything else in my P3D works perfectly, Q400, PMDG 737, the Milviz 407... ect.

bobsk8
Re: A new Start problem on the 530

Post by bobsk8 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:39 pm

Upon further checking I found out that they only thing that moves when I hit the start button is the TOT gauge temperature. It varies with the throttle setting. Max throttle maxes this gauge. Nothing else changes.

Dutch

Post by Dutch » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:35 pm

bobsk8 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:39 pm
Upon further checking I found out that they only thing that moves when I hit the start button is the TOT gauge temperature. It varies with the throttle setting. Max throttle maxes this gauge. Nothing else changes.
I just took the 530 out for a little spin, and it started fine in P3D 4.5. The start procedure is a little tricky, here's what I do and it starts every time for me.

1. Turn on five switches:
- BAT switch up
- GEN switch up
- START PUMP switch up
- Anti-Collision light ON (optional)
- POS lights ON (optional)

2. Press in the red fuel valve button.
3. Turn the start key until it's horizontal.
4. Rotate the throttle by scrolling the mouse wheel forward about 6-7 clicks.
5. Press and HOLD the starter button and monitor N1/RPM.
6. As N2 rises well above RPM, increase throttle,
N2 should drop until it matches RPM then they both rise together.
(Once they match you can release the starter button)

After a little bit they are both in the green and it's ready to fly.

bobsk8

Post by bobsk8 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:17 am

Dutch wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:35 pm
bobsk8 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:39 pm
I just took the 530 out for a little spin, and it started fine in P3D 4.5. The start procedure is a little tricky, here's what I do and it starts every time for me.

1. Turn on five switches:
- BAT switch up
- GEN switch up
- START PUMP switch up
- Anti-Collision light ON (optional)
- POS lights ON (optional)

2. Press in the red fuel valve button.
3. Turn the start key until it's horizontal.
4. Rotate the throttle by scrolling the mouse wheel forward about 6-7 clicks.
5. Press and HOLD the starter button and monitor N1/RPM.
6. As N2 rises well above RPM, increase throttle,
N2 should drop until it matches RPM then they both rise together.
(Once they match you can release the starter button)

After a little bit they are both in the green and it's ready to fly.
I have done all that for a couple of years. This time, when I hit the start button, total silence, nothing moves. Total silence, .............

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:31 am

Checked fuel level?

bobsk8

Post by bobsk8 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:55 pm

JonathanBleeker wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:31 am
Checked fuel level?
99% and RTF, it will run for hours. This morning I even tried starting RTF, copter starts and flies normally. I shut it down. THen reset it up to start, again the starter will not engage.

I am wondering if anyone has uninstalled the 530 using the latest software and reinstalled it?

GrizzlyAir

Post by GrizzlyAir » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:58 am

Literally NONE of the suggested techniques work in P3D. I seem to only get it started by luck. There is something seriously wrong with this thing

Return to “MD530 Support Forum”