KA P3D Button mapping

Slayer
KA P3D Button mapping

Post by Slayer » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:19 pm

A Support question recently came up regarding how to do a procedure since it was impossible to click 2 buttons at once - some buttons have to be mapped to hardware controller to facilitate this. Here is a list I compiled during the beta. I can't remember if this is located anywhere in the tons of info we have available for the KA so I'm reposting it.

KA350i Events supported

Autopilot Master (P3D default is Z) = Autopilot On/Off
Toggle Tail Hook Handle (P3D default is SHIFT+Q) = Autopilot/Yaw Damper Disconnect on Yoke button
Toggle Flight Director (P3D default is CTRL-F) = Flight Director On/Off
Auto Throttle TOGA (P3D default is SHIFT+CTRL+G) = Go Around button on Power Lever
Toggle Wing Fold (P3D no default) = Sync Button on Yoke
Toggle Panel Lights (P3D default is SHIFT+L) = Master Panel Lights switch in Overhead
Toggle Landing Lights (P3D default is CTRL+L) = Landing Lights On/Off
Toggle All Lights (P3D default is L) = Navigation Lights On/Off
Toggle Strobe Lights (P3D no default) = Strobe Lights On/Off

sharpless281
Re: KA P3D Button mapping

Post by sharpless281 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:24 am

I found that assigning Z for auto pilot master works very well, Ctrl-D takes care of the Yaw Damper. The others like Ctrl N (NAV) does not seem to work with the KA. There are others for ALT, APR default P3D keys do not seem to work.

Using the AP panel in the aircraft works very well. For those have a built cockpit and view P3D in cockpit mode, no cockpit displayed, a button needs to be set to toggle off and on the Cockpit in P3D to use the AP Panel. One reason I wish the AP Panel could be moved to a second monitor.

sharpless281

Post by sharpless281 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:20 am

I cannot seem to set the following to a button on a control.

Rudder Boost
Bleed Air
Arm the Oxygen.

Any ideas

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:09 am

Sorry no. If it wasn't mapped to a P3D function you will have to use a program like FSUIPC or LLINDA to make that happen.

Return to “K.A.350 Support Forum”