ORBx installs good + bad

doodlebug
ORBx installs good + bad

Post by doodlebug » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:53 pm

We are trying to gather information about possible issues with ORBx installs.
If you have had a problem, please add your experience to this post so we can work out if there is a pattern, or problem with the files as delivered by ORBx Central.

If you have had a trouble-free install, that would also be helpful to know.

Thanks - Osh

For ORBx support please go here

ole.luehrs
Re: ORBx installs goor + bad

Post by ole.luehrs » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:25 am

Hey,

I bought the KA350i some days ago in ORBX. Process-wise easy as always. Payment and installation works just fine.
What wondered me, is that there is no way of saying "install as admin". It is like installing a scenery on the fly.

Now my disappointments:
1) I can't fly the KA350i. I tried a lot but I can't get the controls correctly attached to my physical controls (joystick and thrust levers).
The thrust levers, prop control etc are not moving. The thrust levers and trim I can't even move by mouse. The door of the A/C cannot be openend from inside or outside.
The joystick sometimes works. left/right movements are shown in the simulations while an up/down is not moving the simulated yoke. But looking from the outside, the ailerons and elevator ARE moving.
2) With ORBX I have no clue of how to update in case of revisions. Will it happen like for sceneries? With a hint that there is an update available? I have no idea if the SP1 (and its update) is installed or not. There is a button "verify files". I tried that and things seems to reinstall. but is that taking into account the potnetially available updates from Milviz?
3) I have no chance to download it directly from Milviz and install updates etc. I don't even get a serial number/code. It looks like that once you ordered via ORBX, you need to stay with that.
4) the additonal tool MVAMS (?? I forgot the name and can't check right now) seems to be buggy as well. When connecting an axis to thrust and another one to prop control, then the thrust junps back to the same axis. At least in the tool.

I am quite disapointed that I spent quite an amount of money (120AUD!) for a software not properly working.
I understand that not every bug might be fixed ahead of distribution. But here it looks really as if the full paying users are the test bench. I fly a lot with P3D and have several paid A/C. But all of them have been flyable and updates where needed only for minor fixes.
As I don#t want to spent hours of being a tester I guess I have to put it aside now and wait for more stability.
And again, I did not perform a single flight so far.
At least I can dive already into building the A/C knowledge as I love to have a simulation on study level. There is a lot to learn before a good flight can be performed as in real life. But I'd like to always jump into the cockpit and test what I just learned. Flight by flight.

Maybe this helps a bit whether it is a Milviz bug or more an ORBX installation issue.

Cheers,
Ole

ardeagles
Re: ORBx installs goor + bad

Post by ardeagles » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:27 am

ORBX (verify files) tells me that 1 file(s) failed to scan and 1 file(s) failed to extract.
The past days I have tried to get my saitek x56 throttle to work but not succesfull, they sit on reverse and nothing gets them out of there.
Startup procedure doesn't work either. I cannot even get battery volts.
With external power on some juice runs through the system but once ignition is going on, it's like there is a short circuit, and no engine reaction.

So flying is out of the question.

doodlebug
Re: ORBx installs good + bad

Post by doodlebug » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:02 pm

It is starting to look like the ORBx installer is having trouble with XMLTools

Please check that you have XMLTools64.dll present in P3D main folder.

In addition, make sure you have the XMLTools entry in your DLL file:

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\dll.xml :

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>XMLTools64</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>XMLTools64.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>

If needs be, you may download the XMLTools installer here

admin9

Post by admin9 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:03 pm

Glad this topic has been opened as i was going to attempt a refund from orbx. I had the xml tool issue with a flat battery. Installed the xmltool64 and it then worked. However i now have this issue which as you can see in the below link and someone also stated that the fonts looked funny? I also get those squashed fonts.

This is the issue i have already posted on a another milvz forum topic (no replies as yet for a fix). Its unflyable which is a concern at $120aus and no way of getting a milvz version.

viewtopic.php?f=105&t=12240

Be good to fly this bird but atm we cannot through orbx. Please advise how we can get a good working copy. (Wish i had bought direct now).

Can i suggest that milvz supplies orbx buyer files direct until issue is resolved?

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:41 pm

You can use the build available on the forum but you will need to retrieve your activation key from ORBx

For font issues: viewtopic.php?f=105&t=12243

admin9

Post by admin9 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:03 pm

doodlebug wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:41 pm
You can use the build available on the forum but you will need to retrieve your activation key from ORBx

For font issues: viewtopic.php?f=105&t=12243
I dont believe orbx give out the keys hence the problem.

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:06 pm

I dont believe orbx give out the keys hence the problem.
Ask them please

admin9

Post by admin9 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:07 pm

No worries will do. If i get it ill retest using your link.

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:22 am

Update
the ORBx key should be in:
Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Milviz\MVKA350i.ini

admin9

Post by admin9 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:08 am

doodlebug wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:22 am
Update
the ORBx key should be in:
Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Milviz\MVKA350i.ini
Thank you. Confirmed it is there. I will d/l your file link and retest tonight and will get back to you. Will soon know if its ORBX or not.

admin9

Post by admin9 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:01 am

still getting the r/h circling even with your files and orbx keys. Need to get this fixed or a refund. Its unflyable. Not sure were its going wrong.

ardeagles

Post by ardeagles » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:02 pm

So I added the XMLTools64.dll, witch was indeed missing.
dll.xml was okay

Now it starts and rolls but I cannot get the Throttle's to function. They seem to have effect (sound) but do not move.
White arrow almost to full, green arrow tries but falls back
F1,2,3,4 do work.
I have them attached in P3D, throttle engine 1 and 2
Not using the manager (box is unchecked)
Tried FSUIPC with profile specific, using fsuipc calibration AND FS normal axis

Hope you have the eureka answer.

ardeagles

Post by ardeagles » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:05 pm

To add .. I have no need for reverse trust with the throttle. I prefer Simple full and idle and reverse with another switch.

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:08 pm

Can we keep this thread focused solely on the ORBX install please.

There are several posts on throttle / control calibration & setup already - if none help, please start a new one

Calibration issues for the throttles
Attention: Upcoming Axis Calibration Config

Return to “K.A.350 Support Forum”