Installed Tacpac addon and F4 E not working now

Toto-Free
Installed Tacpac addon and F4 E not working now

Post by Toto-Free » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:22 pm

Ok!!! Here we go!!! I downloaded and installed my TACPAC download this morning and installed it to the F4 Phantom E 2 as was told to do. My Phantom is, or should I say was (as it is now broken) the latest release, and so is my TACPAC.

When I try and run the F4 E model I get a big warning sign saying not to run ADDON BY VRS, and further says or refers to some sort of dll corruption. When ignoring the sign and pressing the YES button to engage the TACPAC the system goes on to later crash :( just after the plane is loaded with engines spooling up while I am sitting in the cockpit. Ok here is the good news my S AND J model are still working as should, and this problem did not affect them :)

I did do the virus scanner requirements as asked, and don't think that that would have caused this problem any way. Have a dll problem. Please advise on what to do? Thanks............. Toto

JonathanBleeker
Re: Installed Tacpac addon and F4 E not working now

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:43 pm

screenshots of the error?

Toto-Free

Post by Toto-Free » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:35 pm

Ok I made a huge error!!!! but I still have a problem!!! I did not have the latest TACPAC as I thought, I had the 1.4.2 version. Sorry I did check but read the 2 as a 3!!!!! MY BAD.

I went to VRS and updated to 1.4.3 TACPAC, and 1.4.3 VRS Superbug, applied the Licenses and all is well! both work. My Superbug is the version that has to have TACPAC engaged otherwise it wont fly.

I started FSX STEAM and at the prompt activated Active Sky, AI Carriers, EZDOC and last but not least TACPAC. I engaged all of the extra software just to make sure everything worked. It did :D Only thing I had to do over was a few EZDOC camera angels in the SUPERBUG.

Having the knowledge that my system was not at fault I restarted my FSX STEAM and tried to use the Milviz F4 E again. I was nice!!!!! very forgiving,,,,,, did not use EZDOC, AI Carriers, or Active Sky, only used TACPAC at the prompt.
Did not see the big ERROR notice that I mentioned In my first post. FSX loaded me into the cockpit of the F4 E, engines started to spool, about 6 seconds later my mouse disappeared?????? and about 15 seconds after that...........FSX CRASHED.

Ran the system again to see if I got the big error notice!!! to take a screenshot for you but it did not show up. Nothing now!!! but I still have the same result as described above :!: FSX CRASHES or just shuts down using the F4E with the TACPAC software bought this morning applied to it. My Milviz F4 S and J model still work fine and so do all my other planes. The problem is isolated to the F4E ONLY................ which has the TACPAC software. Please advise on what to do

Thanks David Wright

Toto-Free

Post by Toto-Free » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:08 pm

Downloaded and installed the dll from the link that you sent me to. DID NOT WORK!!! I am now receiving error that I spoke to you about previously. I will post it as a screenshot. I am not sure about this but I think that EZDOC could be causing the problem NOT SURE but when the flight simulator shuts down I get a little post and it says EZDOC cannot find the right path to the simulator. It shuts down even if I don't run EZDOC Well anyway that dll did not work I am using STEAM and your latest install Phttps://gyazo.com/cc97305e1945f192b5c7a0310f1715f7 please advise on what to do
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (529.19 KiB) Viewed 400 times

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:17 am

That looks like a problem with TACPACK not us. Check with VRS.

Toto-Free

Post by Toto-Free » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:14 pm

No I wish you were right but you are wrong. VRS SUPERBUG, DINO F14, work fine using TACPAC. They both work using EZDOC, AI CARRIERS, ACTIVE SKY, AND TACPAC, turned ON. No problem.

What is the latest download of the F4 E ?????. Could be I am using the wrong install. My latest install is .....Milviz_F-4_Phantom_II_E_vA1.160306. I downloaded this install around 6/7/16. from the OWL company. Is this latest install :?: or is there one after this. If there is one after this that will explain the problems I am having.

I am using FSX STEAM, Windows 10 v1607 latest build. All drivers are up to date and my system is now functioning well!!! THANK THE BIG MAN UPSTAIRS, after my yesterdays efforts to try and get F4 running with TACPAC. At one time I thought I had lost the whole damn system but managed to avoid that.

I don't know what to do. TACPAC VRS SUPERBUG AND MY OTHER TACPAC PLANE Dino F14 and the IRIS Warthog all work FINE, and would like to get my Phantom E 2 using TACPAC running as well but so far my efforts have been very damaging to my computer. Being a loyal Milviz customer I got the code to download the TACPAC software. MAYBE the download is corrupt but it seems to install ok and finishes the install. I don't know :?: . If you can come up with anything please let me know.
Thanks....... David Wright

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:16 pm

I have seen this error before in the TACPACK forums but I honestly cannot do anything to help you because it is happening before anything belonging to the F-4E even loads. I cannot do anything about this.

Toto-Free

Post by Toto-Free » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:51 pm

I have my F4 E working now with TACPAC. I went to VRS forums and spoke to VARMINT about this. He asked me to send a level 6 ERROR report from my TACPAC. I did. After looking at the error report he suggested I try the TACPAC install again after uninstalling the F4 and the TACPAC. I did that. And it is now working :D He said that probably Windows did not allow the TACPAC ADDON to install correctly. About 4 to 5 weeks ago my Windows 10 UPDATED to another entre new platform of windows 10 version 1607. I wonder if that had anything to do with it Anyway its working now. Thanks for your help

Toto..................... David Wright

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:23 pm

Pleasure. Good to hear it is working.

Return to “McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II Support Phorum”