Incorrect Intake Vari Ramp Bleed Holes

Gene K
Incorrect Intake Vari Ramp Bleed Holes

Post by Gene K » Sun May 24, 2020 2:07 pm

I posted the following on the F-4E board, but no replies, so am trying here:

Post by Gene K » Sat May 09, 2020 7:25 am

The pattern of the 12,500 bleed air holes on the intakes are wrong on all the pictures I've come across of the latest Milviz models. This error has been there since the Milviz F-4 first came out (as I pointed out to Milviz then), so was wondering if there is some technical issue that doesn't allow Milviz to fix such an obvious/blatant error? Or maybe the issue has been fixed, but the pictures on all the Milviz promotional material have not been updated?

In the image above you can see in the blue circle where the pattern on the real aircraft changes from perpendicular to the ramp hinge line to parallel with the aircraft reference line.

Thanks.
Gene K

doodlebug
Re: Incorrect Intake Vari Ramp Bleed Holes

Post by doodlebug » Sun May 24, 2020 7:24 pm

Looks like you have found the limits of our realism. I am afraid there is no prize. ;)
I will let the team know in case this can be addressed in a future update /upgrade. No promises.

Gene K

Post by Gene K » Sun May 24, 2020 9:16 pm

doodlebug wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 7:24 pm
Looks like you have found the limits of our realism.
Thanks very much for a reply! As I said, I brought this error to the attention of Milviz years ago when the model was first presented. I am pleasantly surprised to now hear a response directly from someone with influence -- THANK YOU very much!

Gene K
Former USAF Phantom Driver

P.S. I'm not sure what "limits of our realism" means since the model incorporates much finer detail than in this intake area. Unfortunately for me, this error is glaring and has kept me from getting what appears to be an otherwise outstanding model. Of course there are not 12,500 holes in the model -- just the representation of the pattern that needs adjustment.

Gene K

Post by Gene K » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:35 am

So is this significant error still being ignored by MilViz or has it been fixed?

As I said: I'm not sure what "limits of our realism" means since the model incorporates much finer detail than in this intake area. Unfortunately for me, this error is so glaring it has kept me and others from getting what appears to be an otherwise outstanding model.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:53 pm

Hi Gene , as far as I am aware there are no changes planned for the textures. Possibly it could be updated when the textures are redone for V5 but that could be a while yet but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Thanks for your service. Only someone who worked with the real deal could possibly catch this.

Gene K

Post by Gene K » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:17 am

Thanks for the diplomatic reply, but I have to strongly disagree with your implication that only someone intimate with the Phantom would spot that error -- it's like putting a mustache on Marilyn Monroe. A real shame since the rest of the detailing is so superb.

I'm not a programmer, so don't understand why it is such a huge task to correct the alignment of the holes. At any rate, I'll shut up and fly the SimWorks Phantoms until hopefully the Milviz are fixed.

Gene K

Gene K

Post by Gene K » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:27 pm

Just checking in to see if Milviz has corrected the gross misalignment of the bleed holes. Disappointingly NOT. Frustrating since I so much want to buy the otherwise outstanding E model.

The Milviz F-4S is correct, but the Milviz F-4E can't be corrected? :shock:

Milviz Intake Ramps Comparison.jpg
Milviz Intake Ramps Comparison.jpg (331.96 KiB) Viewed 1080 times
Gene K

Gene K

Post by Gene K » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:03 pm

Really unbelievable that Milviz will not correct this comical error. I assume they have the technical capability, but not the will/care to correct it. Yes, a mustache on Marilyn Monroe.

Gene K

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:14 pm

Look...It's not getting fixed EVERY livery and the paint kit would have to be redone and that's not going to happen. Development on that product finished a LONG time ago.

I'm locking this thread now.

Return to “McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II Support Phorum”